Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8242 - 05/28/05 12:11 PM Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
wbear Offline

Loc: Bellevue, Nebraska, USA
Want to be as close to Plaza Mayor as possible.
Have read/reviewed everything on Hostals Tijcal I , Cruz Sol , La Perla Asturiana , and Madrid , and Hotel Plaza Mayor . Tijcal I requires a walk, dragging luggage, but is it a "short" walk? Any advice/recommendations most appreciated!

#8243 - 05/28/05 12:43 PM Re: Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
wbear:

First to you and to all, Hostal T.I.J.C.A.L. has a new website @ http://www.TIJCAL.com . The old one no longer works.

Second, Hostal T.I.J.C.A.L. 1 is about one small block from Hostal T.I.J.C.A.L. 2. I think #1 is actually closer to Plaza Mayor than #2. And from BOTH, you could literally throw a stone and hit the Plaza Mayor. #1 is IMMEDIATELY next to the Plaza Mayor.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8244 - 05/28/05 02:56 PM Re: Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
I highly recommend Tijcal I. We parked our car under the Plaza Major, then came right up nearly directly at the hostel. Also, it's on a pedestrian street, so it's really quiet. There is an elevator, but some rooms will still require using stairs to get to them.

#8245 - 05/28/05 04:27 PM Re: Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Tijcal probably wins the prize for being the closest, but Cruz Sol (which I believe has been well-reviewed previously on these boards) and Perla Austriana are also pretty darn close, being built into the Plaza Santa Cruz which abuts the Plaza Mayor. The Hospedaje Madrid is a few steps further, but still a stone's throw from the Plaza Mayor.

I have sung the praises of the Hotel Plaza Mayor on this bulletin board many times before--it certainly doesn't border as closely as Tijcal, Cruz Sol, and Perla Austriana--but it is a lovely, clean, well-appointed place to stay and is only a few steps from the Plaza Mayor.

#8246 - 06/05/05 01:19 PM Re: Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
jackym05 Offline

Loc: birmingham
Has anyone stopped at Hostal Las Murallas ? I have found it through this site. How far is it to walk to sites?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3041 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments