Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7933 - 03/08/05 04:45 PM Arcos de la Frontera
Marilyn Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Is this a location worthy of staying at the parador there? What can anyone tell me about it?

#7934 - 03/08/05 05:03 PM Re: Arcos de la Frontera
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Marilyn,
There is a web site on all the Parador's.I suggest you do a GOOGLE search. Enjoy your trip!

#7935 - 03/08/05 05:17 PM Re: Arcos de la Frontera
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You'll find the Official Spain Paradors website @ http://www.Parador.es . You might also SEARCH this category using keywords ARCOS PARADOR. Someone may have reviewed it already. Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7936 - 03/08/05 09:36 PM Re: Arcos de la Frontera
Pulaski Offline

Loc: New Bedford, PA
We were at the Acros parador last September, and enjoyed it a lot. Not much going on in the town itself, but the Parador is located on a nice little square along with a small church, Tourists' Office and a look out plaza. The Parador overlooks a huge vista which is beautiful. Arcos is a "white village" with streets so narrow that drivers have to fold in their outside mirrors to get through. There are shops and cafes within easy walking distance. If you are traveling in this area, yes, I would recomend a stay at the Parador.

#7937 - 03/22/05 10:14 AM Re: Arcos de la Frontera
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I was in Arcos 2 days ago, and honestly, I´d skip it. We were in Ronda yesterday and liked it a lot better. Although Arcos is interesting, we felt there were towns with more character, equally beautiful views, and fewer annoying motorbikes zooming up and down the streets. Perhaps we just caught it at a bad time, but...

#7938 - 05/11/05 12:02 AM Re: Arcos de la Frontera
Marilyn Offline

Loc: New Jersey
On March 30, 2005, we stayed in Arcos at Hotel Olivos. We loved this hotel. This town is the farthest west of the blanco pueblos and was delightful! True, there was not much going on, but it was tiny, clean, and quite beautiful, with a great view as it's situated high up on a hill. Driving was certainly a thrill on these streets.

#7939 - 06/01/05 09:55 PM Re: Arcos de la Frontera
Bev Offline

Loc: nyc
Just spent a night at the Parador. It is very lovely and the town is ok. We were there on a Sunday and not much was doing. The rooms at the Parador were really nice and the views are astounding. However, I think if I had it to do over again I would stay at the Parador in Ronda instead. It seems like there is more doing there.
That said, we had a very relaxing day there.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2632 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments