Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8183 - 05/14/05 04:30 PM Cadaques; Cheap sleep?
chants Offline

Loc: montreal
Anyone know of a good cheap hostel in Cadaques or nearby?
I've been online all day trying to come up with something, no luck so far.
thanks for any help you can give me. smile

#8184 - 05/18/05 10:51 AM Re: Cadaques; Cheap sleep?
lngarrison Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Going to see Dali? I took a day trip up to Cadaques from Barcelona and in Barcelona, there are tons of places to stay. Are you traveling north or south? If you are making a train trip on the way to France, there are also nice places to stay on the border.

What is your trip like and do you have to stay in Cadaques for a night? I would not really recommend staying in Cadaques for the night because pensions are few.

#8185 - 05/18/05 03:07 PM Re: Cadaques; Cheap sleep?
chants Offline

hi ingarrison.
I don't have to stay in Cadaques, I had booked in Tossa de Mar, but when I heard of Cadaques I changed my mind. We are arriving in Toulouse on Sunday morning, renting our car and going through the Pyrennes to Figueures, to see the Museum, we were supposed to drive to Tossa de Mar after, but i'm worried we'll be too tired so that's why we chose the closer Cadques. On Tuesday, we'll go to Tossa de Mar and then to Barcelona at night. I found a Hotel S'Aguarda in Cadaques for 56 euros (3 star, w/ breakfast and parking) so i think we'll stick with it.
What do you think? any recommendations?
thanks! smile

#8186 - 05/18/05 05:42 PM Re: Cadaques; Cheap sleep?
lngarrison Offline

Actually, that sounds like you got a good deal! Hopefully the weather will be nice and you'll be able to get to go to the beach in the morning for a quick swim before you head to BCN!

Have fun! (I wish I was going...loved the Dali museum in Figueres!)

#8187 - 05/18/05 06:28 PM Re: Cadaques; Cheap sleep?
chants Offline

thanks ingarrison!
yeah, i'm a big fan of dali too, i've been to the museum in st.petersburg, FL so i'm looking forward to seeing what his hometown has to offer!
hope if you haven't seen it, u see it soon, and if you have i'm sure you have great memories!
take care wink

#8188 - 05/18/05 07:30 PM Re: Cadaques; Cheap sleep?
lngarrison Offline

The Dali Museum in Figueres is a must see! Read up a little bit about Dali before you go. You'll definitely appreciate Dali's dark humor when you see the museum. The whole museum is a trip!

#8189 - 05/22/05 08:43 AM Re: Cadaques; Cheap sleep?
Tullie Offline

Loc: Almachar, Malaga
Actually I prefered Dali's house in Port LLigat next to Cadaques to the museum in Figueres. Its a must see. Yiu have to book to get in though. They only allow small groups to visit at a time and you book a ticket with a time slot. There are guides in most languages. The drive to Cadaques from Figueres is not an easy drive. You have to go over the coastal mountains and the road is quite windy and very narrow. However its well worth the effort.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1612 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments