Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7949 - 03/10/05 04:25 PM Madrid: Hostal Horizonte?
Buckley Offline

Loc: California
Hello,

I'm leaving for my first trip to Madrid next month, and I'm staying at Hostal Horizonte . Is anyone familiar with this place? I'm not able to find any recent reviews, any info. would help.

Thanks!

#7950 - 03/10/05 07:53 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Horizonte?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi, Buckley! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board!

I'm quite familiar with Hostal Horizonte simply from visiting it numerous times - but I have not yet spent a night there. I CAN tell you that the place was once a kind of non-royal palace, once owned by an elite Spanish family. Now, the place has been totally renovated and is beautifully decorated and painted by Julio (the owner) himself. When you first enter you smell insence - nice! - and then you walk through the halls of walls hangings from Julio's travels to/throughout India/Asia, and the middle east. It's really someplace special. Julio is a 20-something (maybe 30 years old by now) and is tall, thin, and has a long ponytail. What a nice, genuine, laid-back guy he is. He speaks some English too so I'm sure there won't be any problem with the language. I must admit here that he's one of my good friends in Madrid but the facts I've stated above are still true. Still, it would be nice to have some feedback from someone who has stayed there recently. Anyone?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7951 - 03/11/05 03:29 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Horizonte?
Buckley Offline

Loc: California
Thanks for the info. MM, I'm really looking forward to staying there. Is the neighborhood nice as well? As a female traveling alone, I'm always a bit nervous going somewhere for the first time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2280 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments