Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7275 - 08/04/04 07:57 AM Madrid, hostel for two young people in love?!
ferchan Offline

Hallo to all, I will meet my girlfriend after almost half a year in Madrid again. She is from Japan, I am German and we need a place to stay. There are many, many hostels in Madrid but I don't know any. Most are very nice, but also expensive(40 Euro a night for two)and we don´t have that money. Does anyone know a hostel (double room) that you can recommend, thats cheaper but also nice, clean and not outside of Madrid. When its...I think you know what I am looking for.
Muchas Gracias, thank you very much
Ferdi

#7276 - 08/05/04 06:26 AM Re: Madrid, hostel for two young people in love?!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there! Your question is a tough one. Most of the nicer hostels in Madrid cost more than 40 Euros per nice for a double UNLESS you don't require one with an in-room bathroom.......which I'm guessing you DO require and in-room bathroom. (I would!)

I toured Hostal Mirentxu (web: http://anas.worldonline.es/hmirentx/ ) a few years ago and it looked good, decent, and the price is right at about your limit for a double with bath. By the way, I think the prices listed on their website are outdated so keep that in mind. It's well located too. I think you'll find some reviews here in this category by conducing a SEARCH.

I can personally recommend Hostal López but it's a bit over your limit: "Double room (double bed) with private bathroom € 43".

After going through those I've toured of personally stayed I can think of any others for less than 40 Euros. Anyone else?

By the way, if you WANT to share a bed you'll want to request a "Cama de matrimonio" for a double bed (bed for 2 persons). Otherwise they'll almost certainly give you a room with two single beds.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7277 - 08/05/04 08:06 AM Re: Madrid, hostel for two young people in love?!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi, I'd recommend:

Hostal Macarena
Cava de San Miguel, 8
www.hostalsilserranos.com/ing/IngHostalMacarena.html

But of course I expect their rates to be higher than 20€ per person per day! eek . My advice: if you do find a hostel that charges you that or even less I wouldn't expect anything too decent, and MAKE SURE before you arrive you're not placed outside the city to avoid spending a lot on transportation to/from it instead! eek
I mean, this is Madrid a touristy capital city, all in all it's cheaper than Paris, London, etc...but still...Sorry to be so realistic! smile

#7278 - 08/05/04 08:47 AM Re: Madrid, hostel for two young people in love?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

In fact, there are several decent 'hostales' under 40 euros a night. I am not positive about their price now because they give my friends a tiny discount (I spent months there, years ago) but I bet you could get a double room for the two of you, with tv and shower for 35 euros (30 if you bargain, maybe) in Hostal Prada 91-521 2004, 91- 522 2569 or this used to be their phones.

I also have other decent cheap hostals in case several fiends come and can not be at my place, about the same prices and qualities:

Hostal Maria Luisa 91 - 531 63 00, 91- 521 15 41

Hostal Residencia Ginebra 91- 532 10 35, 91 522 37 53.

The last one I have not been sleeping at, just saw the rooms to be able to have several options, but they looked ok.

All three are very centrally located close to Gran Via.

#7279 - 08/05/04 11:28 AM Re: Madrid, hostel for two young people in love?!
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I don't know for certain, but Hostal Chelo ( www.chelo.com ) might be 40€ for a double. Tel: 91 532 70 33

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2063 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments