Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7120 - 06/16/04 07:12 PM Madrid: Wanted: Romantic Lodgings: Help
Risaroo Offline

Loc: SLC
I'm surprising my wife with a trip to Madrid, Spain. She had a high school teacher that always talked about Spain and now I'll be going next Friday, however I have no plans at all. What can I do or better yet what should I do?
I want it to be romantic. Where should we stay? How much money should I bring for a week long trip? Most of the time will be in Madrid. How far is the airport? Should I take a taxi? Shuttle? This is very spontaneous and now I'm worried that I won't have a clue as to what to do. We will be leaving next Friday, June 25 and plan to be in Madrid on Sunday returning July 4. I'm anxious to hear what we can do.

#7121 - 06/16/04 09:21 PM Re: Madrid: Wanted: Romantic Lodgings: Help
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Probably there will be a lot of suggestions from other members, but there is a local secret are the lodgings of www.rusticae.es if you are greeting someone special.

#7122 - 06/17/04 11:47 AM Re: Madrid: Wanted: Romantic Lodgings: Help
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
You will love Spain! There are so many things to suggest, but let me get you started with one suggestion: I think you must take a day trip out of Madrid to Toledo. It is such an easy ride to get there from Madrid, yet it is so different. You can search here for exact information on how to get there and what to do there, but you should definitely make this part of your trip. Here is a site dedicated to Toledo
I suggest that you devour MadridMan's site, especially to search for things you will both enjoy. Have fun planning...and buen viaje

#7123 - 06/17/04 02:29 PM Re: Madrid: Wanted: Romantic Lodgings: Help
warnerchilcott Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL, USA
I agree, Toledo is a must as is the trip to Segovia via train. Beautiful scenery, a charming town, good food. Just a day trip but wonderful

#7124 - 06/17/04 02:51 PM Re: Madrid: Wanted: Romantic Lodgings: Help
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I bet your wife would really like the Arabic baths in Madrid too ... a nice way to escape. There is a thread on it HERE from a board member who went while she was visiting Madrid.

Romantic would be:

sitting at a terraza in La Plaza del Oriente in Madrid having dinner and listening to the strolling musicians...

watching the sunset over the cathedral in Segovia

Walking along the narrow streets of the Plaza Mayor area in Madrid at dusk.

Sitting at a terraza in La Plaza de la Virgen in Valencia feeding the white doves

Walking along the outdoor gardens in the old river bed of the Río Turía in Valencia...

Watching the sunset and taking a boat ride in La Albufera in Valencia...

I´ll have to think of more... the romantic in me is coming out!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2966 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments