Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6892 - 04/20/04 01:33 PM Valencia vacation - towns, apartment rental ideas
fuegofuego Offline

We are looking for suggestions -- myself, my husband and 2 year old son will be traveling to Spain in late june for 2 weeks. Our idea is to stay somewhere in Valencia for 1 week -- Our thought is to rent an apartment; beachfront (see & hear ocean), located in town (walking distance to resaturants and stores) and child friendly. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Please share!!!

#6893 - 04/20/04 04:26 PM Re: Valencia vacation - towns, apartment rental ideas
hombre Offline

Loc: Norway
What about Pinedo? Near the city centre but still you got the sea surfing in.

#6894 - 04/21/04 03:25 AM Re: Valencia vacation - towns, apartment rental ideas
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Gandia, south of the city. It meets all your expectations: Huge beach, familiar environment, quiet zones in walking distance (through a nice maritime waterfront) from the town centre, full of shops and restaurants.
Gandia can be easily reached from Valencia by train or bus.

#6895 - 04/21/04 03:35 AM Re: Valencia vacation - towns, apartment rental ideas
v diaz Offline

Loc: madrid
If your are looking for an aprtment in the beach of Valencia city, thers'nt too much offer.

Pinedo, almost attached to Valencia the new seaside walk have been renewed and there are some good restaurants, but no stores and not touristic, the beach is the worst of the province, close to the seaport. The nearest stores are at valencia city and you need to use the car or take a local bus, walking to the city is not a choice.
Best Valencia city beach is Malvarrosa in the other side of the seaport but it's much better than Pinedo, but there isn't many apartments to rent as in any touristic town in the coast. It looks more urban. There are some hotels though and the center is much more closer, buses and tram available. Not a very commercial zone.

El Saler, some typical towers of apartments, easier to find there something for rent, beaches are quite good, but it's a bit far from the city (despite it belongs to valencia city). Good environment, calm, offer of resturants at El saler town.

Consider also Alboraya seaside urbanizations, probably some apartments there, the same beach of Malvarrosa (the town of Alboraya is a bit inland).
Buses to the center of Valencia.

PortSaplaya, very very touristic place with beach, as far as El Saler to the center of valencia, probably woest connections with public transport (i think this place belongs to Alboraya).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2058 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments