Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6693 - 03/10/04 12:58 PM Madrid Hostales
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hola everyone!
Dear Madridman, I stumbled over your site searching the web for information about the city. In short: Great job! Please forgive me to be the umpteenth person to about the best option for a quiet, safe and nice Hostal. I just booked a flight (five days end of April). I will also arrive rather late in the evening (10.25 pm at Barajas). I am a woman, traveling alone, so I am a little worried about safety and public transportation at that time. Any ideas concerning that would be greatly appreciated!

Muchas Gracias!!!!

#6694 - 03/10/04 02:11 PM Re: Madrid Hostales
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
The past two years I have stayed at Hostal Chelo and will be staying there again with my kids this summer. I was alone the past two times and always felt comfortable. You can read lots about this hostal and others by doing a search. I think that there are many good options at various prices in Madrid!! Good luck!!

#6695 - 03/10/04 04:59 PM Re: Madrid Hostales
jdowney Offline

Loc: Newport Beach, Ca. 92663
I like Hotel Plaza Mayor. They are clean, friendly, bi-lingual and in the city center. I have had all of my family stay at that hotel and they loved it. Plus, it is not too expensive..
www.h-plazamayor.com They are on Calle Atocha 2 or send an email; info@h-plazamayor.com
You are getting in early enough to take the metro into town and not get robbed by the taxi drivers. If you are not carring much..go for the metro for it is in the airport and you can pick up metro maps at the info desk. enjoy your time.

#6696 - 03/18/04 11:15 AM Re: Madrid Hostales
El Dougo Offline

At 10:25 p.m. (22:25), you might want to take a reserved airport shuttle from AeroCity. . MadridMan likes it; costs about 17 €, and might be worth it after a long day.

#6697 - 03/19/04 04:50 PM Re: Madrid Hostales
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I also like the Hotel Plaza Mayor. I had a single room for four nights in late Decemeber for only 40 Euros a night. It looks like the price in April will be about 48 Euros. The room I had was on the top floor and was very small but clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel is excellent, only a short walk to most attractions.

I did use Aerocity from the airport because when I went to an ATM, the Aerocity counter was right nearby. They said a car was leaving in about 5 minutes so I took it to the hotel. The cab fare from the hotel to the airport was about the same price. I like riding the Metro, but with luggage, a taxi or Aerocity is much more convenient.

Have a great trip....

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2957 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments