Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6382 - 01/16/04 09:50 AM Madrid: Hostal Martin?
Travelgirl88 Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi

I am planning to stay with Hostal Martin in March. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with that area and hostel?
I am wondering what is the weather in march like?

#6383 - 01/16/04 10:23 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Martin?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Travelgirl88, welcome to our little ALL SPAIN Message Board! smile I hope you find the information here useful.

You'll also find MANY MANY (I mean MANY!) reviews previously posted about Hostal Martín as well as its sister hostel (on another floor at the same address) Hostal Cervelo - both are owned by the same family and they operate it as one.

I've stayed at Hostal Cervelo and requested a streetside room with a small balcony and I liked it very much. It was spotlessly clean and had a TV and modern bathroom. You'll find my own more detailed review of this one by doing a SEARCH (see SEARCH link upper/righthand corner of every page).

It's located on Calle de Atocha, on the edge of Huertas, not far from the Plaza de Jacinto Benavente and Plaza Mayor/Puerta del Sol so its well located. I do believe they have an elevator in the building as well.

Regarding the weather in March, you'll find some information and useful links to year 'round climate in Madrid on the MadridMan\'s Madrid Weather page but you'll find quite a change from early March to the end of March. The end of March is very much like spring, you'll see some flowers blooming and some trees with new leaves. You'll likely have some warmer days in the upper 50ºF to mid 60ºF but cool nights are still very much the norm for March.

Best of luck and enjoy your time in Madrid! Be sure to do that search on Hostal Martin but I/we welcome any new reviews there may be out there.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6384 - 01/16/04 02:19 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Martin?
Travelgirl88 Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks Madridman. At the same time, I was wondering if anybody who have been to Hostel Martin recently. Because I heard there was quite a bit of construction/renovation that was going on at that hostel. Does anyone know if the construction is still going on?
Also, I have made an online reservation. I am not too sure how reliable it is to book online with them?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2710 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments