Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5961 - 08/08/03 05:48 AM Madrid: in puerta del sol?
beckham Offline

Loc: ireland
Hi All

To save me some time searching
Any suggestions/exeperiences on accomodation in puerta del sol. I stayed there in the hostal cantabrico last year and would like a change for my trip in Oct
Becks

#5962 - 08/08/03 09:21 AM Re: Madrid: in puerta del sol?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Hi Beckham,

I tried to email you, but the email I sent with some more information about Hospedaje Madrid was bounced back. Hospedaje Madrid is only with a short walking distance from Puerta del Sol. You can see it from the entrance. Were you able to get a reservation?

#5963 - 08/10/03 11:47 AM Re: Madrid: in puerta del sol?
beckham Offline

Loc: ireland
Hi Gazpacho
Thanks for your post,I have not made a reservation yet as I am still unsure what dates I will be travelling on but the Hospedaje Madrid would be a nice place to stay
I have updated my e-mail address , sorry the other one is old
beckham

#5964 - 08/10/03 12:33 PM Re: Madrid: in puerta del sol?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
beckham, I've stayed at and can recommend Hostal Aresol , just a stone's throw WEST of the Puerta del Sol. You can see the Comunidad de Madrid building from its front balconies, in fact.

I can also personally recomend Hostal Oporto , east of the Puerta del Sol and a little east of the Plaza de Canalejas and behind the parliament building (Congreso de los Diputados).

And while I haven't stayed there personally, I have toured and have read lots of positive buzz here about Hostal Adriano which is just south of the Puerta del Sol and in a lively area of the old center with lots of bars, restaurants, a few pedestrian streets. It's a nice place!

Let's see... what else.... There are SO many choices, really. Anyone else?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5965 - 08/12/03 11:06 AM Re: Madrid: in puerta del sol?
ToniG Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Note that the Hostal Aresol won't answer email in August!! It doesn't appear that you can even check availability, well for a couple weeks or so... eek

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments