Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5595 - 04/15/03 03:36 AM Madrid:Need final advice on 3 hotels to be able to decide......
equinepro Offline

Loc: Boulder, CO
Hola a todos!
OK, I must apologize in advance if this one runs on a bit, but I desperately need advice.

I will be in Madrid, traveling alone, for a week starting May 22. I plan on seeing the normal tourist attractions, museums, etc, but will also be partying every night with the locals. For this reason, I have had to eliminate hostels as a viable option for lodging. It is my understanding that it is a general rule that it is not allowed to bring people back to the hostel if they are not listed as guests upon check-in. I have no problem paying for a double with single use, but still think it may be an issue to bring someone back to my room.
SO.......I have narrowed it to the Hotel Europa (have reservations there now), Hotel Arosa, and an apartment in the Sol area. I REALLY wanted to be in the Chueca district, but it is extremely limited for hotels. I could not even locate anything on the internet for the Hotel Monaco. What's up with that??? I hear it is kind of trashy anyway, but I would still like to check it out. These others are somewhat close to Gran Via, which I figure is as close as I am going to get. Any ideas about these or other hotels, not hostels, in Chueca???? I also am trying to stay under 100 euros.

I would grately appreciate any commentary and/or suggestions. I have exhausted many strings on this site and have found a wealth of info - AWESOME site MM!!!

Muchas gracias! laugh

#5596 - 04/15/03 06:16 PM Re: Madrid:Need final advice on 3 hotels to be able to decide......
SoriaEsp Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Try Hotel Paris
Acala 2,
It is right on La Puerta del Sol

#5597 - 04/15/03 09:52 PM Re: Madrid:Need final advice on 3 hotels to be able to decide......
equinepro Offline

Thanks for the advice. I had actually heard of that hotel and wanted to check it out, but could not find anything on the net. Does anyone know of a link for the Hotel Paris in Madrid? smile

#5598 - 04/19/03 05:55 AM Re: Madrid:Need final advice on 3 hotels to be able to decide......
OhMike Offline

Loc: New Jersey
EquinePro, you might also try the Hotel Moderno, which is also right by the Puerta del Sol. It is about 85 Euros a night and very nice. As coincidence will have it, I will be there May 23rd through May 26th. -OhMike

#5599 - 04/20/03 10:56 AM Re: Madrid:Need final advice on 3 hotels to be able to decide......
equinepro Offline

OhMike-
Thanks for the recommendation! Are you traveling alone? Let me know if you would be interested in meeting up for lunch or something. laugh

#5600 - 04/23/03 01:42 PM Re: Madrid:Need final advice on 3 hotels to be able to decide......
liatris Offline

Loc: Glenoma WA USA
Forget Hotel Monaco. Our stay was disappointing. In spite of the 'interesting' past of this hotel, and the prominent newspaper articles displayed here and there, the service was minimal, the attendant was crabby, and the rooms were ...hmmm...not all they were cracked up to be, except for cracked mirrors here and there.
Hostal las Fuentes near Sol and Plaza Major was nice, inexpensive, newly redecorated and very clean.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments