Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4816 - 11/04/02 01:12 PM Madrid : Hostal Las Fuentes
HannibalMO Offline

Loc: Hannibal, MO
My husband and I spent 3 nights at Hostal Las Fuentes . It is easy walking distance from old city attractions, and we didn't mind hoofing it to the Prado or the Museum of Archeology either. For a double it was $57 per night. The rooms are clean, and cheery, but very small. The bathroom was pretty hard for even one person to negotiate, but the price was right. I made the mistake of asking for a matramonial bed, ie to get a true double, not twins. But it slumped horribly, and they used this funky one long pillow and for two people it poses a real problem if you like to turn or bunch your pillow in the night! So go with twins! (I guess I could have asked for different pillows, but I didn't). I must say the manager was very kind to let us keep our luggage in the office when we arrived at 9 am from our plane. He got us into a room by noon so we could crash. Walking around in Madrid those first 3 hours in a groggy fog was not too pleasant, but the rest of the trip was great. I've also posted my comments about the Paradors which I highly recomend.

#4817 - 11/04/02 11:52 PM Re: Madrid : Hostal Las Fuentes
ToniG Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
We stayed at the Hostal Las Fuentes last March and a double was only $48! We opted for the twin beds and had a small bathroom, too. But the cleanliness and friendly people made up for the small room! Tomas was even kind enough to keep our lugguage while we spent the night in Toledo. Last month when I was there though, I stayed at the Hostal Hispano Argentino and it had a larger bath!

#4818 - 11/05/02 05:01 PM Re: Madrid : Hostal Las Fuentes
HannibalMO Offline

Loc: Hannibal, MO
The difference in price I'm sure is because the Euro was only $0.85 last March, but now it costs $1.05 per Euro...thus a 20% increase! Just my luck.

#4819 - 11/12/02 10:05 PM Re: Madrid : Hostal Las Fuentes
picard8427 Offline

Loc: Toronto
Hello. I recently stayed at Hostal Las Fuentes as well. I agree with the above posts...the room (requested a single..got a double!!) was clean but small. The downside was definitely the bathroom and the poor quality bed (especially after a long day sightseeing). But the location is great and Tomas was most helpful and friendly.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments