Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4525 - 08/16/02 05:06 PM toddy wants to Surf in Spain!
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
All right everybody, get ready,the American patriot is coming back to Spain next August. I understand there is a place in Spain called "Mundaca." I would love to get a week hotel/piso or any other lodging that will fit mi,mi familia,mis suegros, and mis amigos.(and a surfboard). We're going to Scotland for a week (my father is Scottish) and then three weeks in Spain. Since my wife is from Burgos I have to look at El Cid for a week, and then maybe a week in Barcelona (if I can confince my Castillian wife),and then a week relaxing and surfing.
I would appreciate any information smile

#4526 - 08/16/02 11:00 PM Re: toddy wants to Surf in Spain!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Toddy, I am green with envy :p ! Mundaka (Munaka en Euskera), is absolutely awesome. You will have a great time there. It is generally close to Bilbao, and I spent a couple Saturdays there this summer. I am not sure of lodging though (we did day trips). The surfing is great, and the scenery is even better laugh !

#4527 - 08/19/02 09:23 PM Re: toddy wants to Surf in Spain!
toddy Offline

I checked Mundaka and all they seem to have is hotels. Any other surf spots in Spain where I can find an apartment or rural house?

#4528 - 08/21/02 11:04 AM Re: toddy wants to Surf in Spain!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
You won't find quality surfing anywhere in Spain except in the north [the tideless Mediterranean takes care of that]. Mundaka is the premier surf spot on the Basque coast, and is close enough to Bilbao to where your lodging options are legion. I'm not aware of any surfing in Galicia and I think the "surf" in Asturias is a little scarce, too.

You might consider surfing in Mundaka in the day and then moving on to a nice little town like Bermeo or Bakio for the evening...ask me all about the area at the Basque picnic, I've been along that stretch of the Basque coast a dozen times.

#4529 - 08/21/02 01:50 PM Re: toddy wants to Surf in Spain!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I agree that Bakio would be a great town to go back to at night, I am not positive, but believe that you may be able to find a house to rent weekly for your family.

#4530 - 08/21/02 07:07 PM Re: toddy wants to Surf in Spain!
toddy Offline

Thanks for the info smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2366 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments