Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4139 - 05/02/02 03:33 PM Sevilla: Nice but reasonable lodging?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I've used the Search feature and then found the websites for La Hostería de Doña Lina and the Hostal Arias. Both were recommended here on the Message Board. Is there a website for Hostal Cordoba or Hotel De Baco (also in Sevilla)? Any other suggestions for nice, reasonable accommodations?

#4140 - 05/02/02 04:23 PM Re: Sevilla: Nice but reasonable lodging?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sorry. It doesn't appear that either has a website. However, I did find some info using Google.com about Hostal Córdoba in Sevilla:
Frommers @ http://www.frommers.com/features/articles/0108_3b.html writes:
Quote:
Right in the Barrio Santa Cruz, for 7,000 ptas ($36) per double, the Almagro-family-run Hostal Córdoba (Calle Farnesio 12, 421-53-35, franalmagro@inicia.es) has 12 immaculate rooms (amenities limited to bath and cable TV) set up around a classily simple jewel of an eighteenth-century courtyard. (One drawback of being family-run: a 3 a.m. curfew!) Close to the river, the Maestranza, and a ten-minute stroll to Santa Cruz,
CURFEW??? eek

CityVox: Sevilla @ http://www.cityvox.com/rubrique/0,3844,SEVENGLOGCIT,00.html writes:
Quote:
The two-star Hostel Córdoba has good service and beautiful decoration. Its tiles and flowers form a romantic, peaceful setting. All rooms have air conditioning.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4141 - 05/02/02 05:24 PM Re: Sevilla: Nice but reasonable lodging?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
That reminds me of how I found a great hostal in París for €30 nightly... and it had a curfew at 2h. Mark off list. Of course considering how París dies quite lamely at 3 not that big of a deal...

#4142 - 05/02/02 09:37 PM Re: Sevilla: Nice but reasonable lodging?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
The Hotel Simon is right in the Barrio Santa Cruz (or right next to it) and is quite lovely and reasonable, with air conditioning. It's even featured in " Alastair Sawday\'s Special Places to Stay in Spain ". I'd stay there again for sure.

#4143 - 05/03/02 10:58 AM Re: Sevilla: Nice but reasonable lodging?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Hostal Atenas (do a search - know a few of us have written about it) in Santa Cruz - they do have a website (sorry I didn't pull it up). Very comfortable - good sized bathrooms, etc. Know you have been looking at castles and such - hostals might be a bit of let-down after that! Carole, email me if you have any other questions on Atenas. smile

Hostal Atenas web: http://www.sol.com/hostal/atenas/index.htm

#4144 - 05/03/02 11:54 AM Re: Sevilla: Nice but reasonable lodging?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Carole Chiaro, I just went to the other listed, with links, in the thread: " Hostales en Seville ".

Here's the list from that thread:

Hostal Arias
Hostal Atenas
Hostal Zahira
Hostal Naranjo
Hostal Paris

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan
(Have a good weekend, everyone! smile )

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4145 - 05/03/02 01:10 PM Re: Sevilla: Nice but reasonable lodging?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Hotel Simón looks lovely but is a little pricey for us. Both Atenas and Arias have responded via e-mail but with a very succinct reply, i.e. "go to our website." No problem, though. They both look very nice.

Neither Zahira nor Naranjo have e-mail addresses. But Hostal Paris lists numerous accommodations and has e-mail for its hostales.

#4146 - 05/03/02 04:39 PM Re: Sevilla: Nice but reasonable lodging?
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I would highly recommend Hostal Atenas . Stayed there in February. It's within easy walking distance of everything but is on a quiet street, so you can take a siesta in the afternoon. My reservations were for two days, but I ended up staying for three. Due to the change, I switched rooms during my stay. Both were quite nice. The first, a single, is the room whose window looks out on the patio seen in the website's photos. The other, a double, was extremely comfortable. Both had full bath, AC/heat control in the room, and were very reasonably priced. The hotel staff were very helpful when planning where to go and what to see also.

#4147 - 05/20/02 10:16 AM Re: Sevilla: Nice but reasonable lodging?
rainspooner Offline

Loc: Phoenix
Stayed at Hostal Zahira in Sevilla for two nights recently. 11,12 May 02.

Overall it was decent. 57 Euros/night for a double with bath. It's located on a pedestrian only street (Calle San Eloy)in what I would describe as the northwest section central Sevilla.

The cathedral was 5-10 minutes by foot.
The pedestrian only street was a plus (no mo-peds screeching by at 1am). A cab was 8 Euros from Estacion Santa Justa. Hostal Zahira is out of reasonable walking distance from the station.

The reservation procedure was painless through www.sol.com.

It's an ok place. Doesn't ooze Andalucian charm, but is clean and in a nice part of town.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2471 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments