Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3527 - 02/04/02 07:18 AM homestay information for madrid?
windcheater Offline

Loc: japan
me and my wife will be coming to madrid around april 7th...does anyone know where i could find information about host families willing to take people for a month? or failing that anyone know of anywhere we can stay for around a month at that time?

cheers

alex

#3528 - 02/04/02 09:33 AM Re: homestay information for madrid?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
In my humble opinion, temporary host-families for adults it's an unheard of concept, at least here in Spain; and forgetting the language learning or some sort of course taking involved.

I'd recommend you go to an 'aparthotel' which mixes the services of a hotel(laundry, reception....) and the conforts of an apartment(your own kitchenette, and small living-room....)

#3529 - 02/04/02 10:25 AM Re: homestay information for madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm with pim. I've never heard of it either outside of those for students and even those are hard to find if you're not associated with some school/academy.

As pim suggested, you might try an Aparthotel (these can be expensive though, per night) and many have been listed here in this forum (use the SEARCH link to find them).

"APART" wink from those, you could try the "apartment" of Hostal Dulcinea in the Huertas district. I recall JoeSambuca stayed there a number of days while he and friends were in Madrid around Christmas and loved it. He wrote up his recommendation in this forum too.

There's also the possibility of the somewhat pricey B & Bs of Madrid (also almost an unheard of concept in Spain) @ www.MadridBandB.com . I don't know anyone who has stayed at one though. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3530 - 02/06/02 08:20 AM Re: homestay information for madrid?
windcheater Offline

Loc: japan
thanks for your efforts

alex

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments