Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#74543 - 06/12/06 08:50 AM Meeting people in Madrid
nicole4223 Offline

Loc: Connecticut
I am a 23 yr old soon to be grad student, staying in the Madrid area until the middle of July... mainly to practice my Spanish and do some travelling in Spain. Any suggestions for places to meet people? I am staying in an apartment in Alcala with a few local students but haven't met too many people I can practice my Spanish with as most students are busy studying for exams at this time...

#74544 - 06/12/06 10:06 AM Re: Meeting people in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi nicole4223! What YOU really need is to find yourself a good Spanish girlfriend (or boyfriend). The friend can be bilingual but when she/he introduces you to her/his friends those friends aren't as likely to speak English so... there you'll have your practice.

Maybe you could join us for our next Lunch one of these days. We seem to have one about once a month but it's mainly an English-speaking group with some Spaniards mixed in.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74545 - 06/12/06 10:14 AM Re: Meeting people in Madrid
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
Not sure if you are intereseted in working or not but I actually learned a lot of Spanish by babysitting young Spanish kids while I was in school in Spain. I was not embarassed to talk to the kids in Spanish and I could always tell by their expressions if I had made a gramatical error. Babysitting was the best "intercambio" I had - plus I got paid!

#74546 - 06/12/06 08:37 PM Re: Meeting people in Madrid
CJA Offline

Loc: California
I am in your same situation, and I was checking out intercambios on LoQUo Madrid website. There seem to be many people who meet up from different countries to learn language from each other. I don't know, maybe you'd like to check it out?

Good luck-

#74547 - 06/13/06 05:31 AM Re: Meeting people in Madrid
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
pick up a copy of in madrid (or check out the website in-madrid.com) or TBS English magazine and check out the classifieds Intercambios, there are alot of people looking to practice English/Spanish.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2561 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments