Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#73763 - 03/09/05 08:11 PM anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
dreamofspain1970 Offline

Loc: NH,USA
Hi everyone, I have been in love with Madrid and all of Spain since I studied there several years ago. I would like to get in touch with someone that I met while I was there. His name is Jesus Langa Canseco. The last address I had for him was Calle Antonio Casero. If anyone could find his phone number and/or address, I would very much appreciate it. If any of you can remember "your first love," then you'll understand. smile

#73764 - 03/09/05 09:34 PM Re: anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
dreamofspain1970, one of the best things on my last trip to Madrid I did was bring back with me the 2004-2005 Madrid White Pages phone book - JUST for times like this. I've used it 4 times since visiting last New Years!

Okay. For Jesus Langa Canseco there are two possible listings - neither of which reside at Calle Antonio Casero, though. Sorry. Here they are:

Jesús Francisco Langa Canseco
Calle Infanta María Teresa, 18
phone is 91 458 17 18

Jesús Francisco Langa Canseco
Calle O'Donnell, 38
phone is 91 409 18 05

Maybe ONE of these is him?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73765 - 03/10/05 05:50 AM Re: anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
LOL!

MadridMan, you'd have saved a couple of kilos of luggage bringing back only this link:
http://blancas.paginasamarillas.es/jsp/home.jsp

laugh

#73766 - 03/10/05 06:03 AM Re: anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
MadridMan manages to keep surprising me over the years! eek

#73767 - 03/10/05 10:22 AM Re: anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Torrales, I'm very familiar with the online version but oftentimes, i feel, it's lacking in useability and doesn't always list complete information. Plus, if you don't use an accented character or don't know exactly how to spell a name the book is good to have and can often be faster in finding these kinds of things.

I do use the online version as a "backup" though. But you're right, that phone book weighs about 20 pounds! The people who gave it to me thought I was crazy for wanting to take it back to Columbus, Ohio, USA with me and it was a kind of joke in their family and never thought I'd use it but I have, about 5 times just since New Years.

But again, thanks for posting that link above. I ENCOURAGE others to use that website. Otherwise, everyone will be sending ME emails asking me to look-up a long-lost friend.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73768 - 03/11/05 05:30 AM Re: anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
Torrales Offline

Considering that the call center for Telefonica's White Pages is located in Tangiers (Morocco), maybe you can suggest them to open a new location in Columbus, as you already have the proper equipment...

wink :p

#73769 - 03/30/05 02:13 PM Re: anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
ILbunny Offline

Loc: illinois
to dreamofspain1970,
yes, i know exactly how it feels when you have someone in spain that you want to locate.
Lucky for me, I met someone from Sevilla in summer of 1994. He came here to Illinois to visit family and was at the grocery store that I was working at. He asked me out on a date and we fell in love. He left late that summer to go back to Spain and we kept in touch, somewhat. In Spring of 1995, he met another 'mujer' at his university. We of course, broke up. I did not write or call him until 2001. Somehow, I found a number online and called it. It was his mother who was kind enough to give me his mobile ph #. We talked and exchanged email addresses. He was still dating the same girl from Madrid.

After a few emails, we stopped corresponding.
So now it is 2005 and his email addresses were not working.
So, just last Friday (Good Friday) I found his mobile ph # and called him. He said it was 'very nice to hear from me again.' He has since married this girl, just last April 2004. He gave me his email address, which I wrote down incorrectly.

So I called him again and his wife answered his mobile phone and got very angry with me for calling. She told me to never call again. I did call again, on Monday of this week. I reached him again and he said that it was 'absolutely fine' that I call. He even made sure I had his correct email address.
I am not a nosy person, but I don't understand why he wants to keep in contact with me when his wife obviously has a problem with me.
They have dated since 1995 and just married in 2004.

Is it custom to date someone for so long and not get married until way later in Spain?

#73770 - 03/31/05 04:19 AM Re: anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
Meg Offline

Loc: Madrid via Pennsylvania
Quote:
Is it custom to date someone for so long and not get married until way later in Spain?
YES!!! It's very common for people to date for 10 years before gettting married. I think one of the reasons is that generally people don't want to get married until they buy a house (apartment). In fact, before I got married when my husband and I told his mother that we were planning on getting married the first thing she said to us was "But, you don't have anywhere to live!!" This wasn't true because we had already been living together in a rented apartment, but for her it was unimaginable that a couple could get married without owning a home first. Since the housing prices are out of control in Spain this means that people are waiting longer and longer to get married because some really can't afford to move out of their parents' houses.

#73771 - 03/31/05 06:30 AM Re: anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

ILBunny, why do you want to keep in contact with him so much when his wife obviously doesn't want you to?

#73772 - 03/31/05 11:35 AM Re: anyone iin madrid able to help me find someone? Please!
ILbunny Offline

Loc: illinois
He and I discussed this on Monday. I told him I was sorry that I didn't want to cause problems between him and his wife. If he didn't want me to correspond with him, I would stop. He then told me that he was at his 'office' and that we could talk and that it was 'absolutely fine' for me to call. He said "it is fine, it was just the timing when you called." (it was Good Friday and late over there, I guess they were out getting drinks before eating).

Please understand that I am in an 'ok' relationship of 9 yrs and we have 2 kids.
I just want to remain friends with him, and his wife (if she wants:). But his wife knows who I am and there has always been resentment against me for some reason (over the years).

I still wish to visit Sevilla. To be honest, I still miss him, but I'm not in love with him (that was too long ago). They did build a house in 2001 (when I spoke to him before now) but like I said, just married in 2004.
His aunt, uncle, and cousins live here in Illinois and I remember just a few years ago they said that his wife kept saying 'she would never marry him.'

What is the divorce rate in Spain? Probably nothing like here in U.S.

rolleyes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1946 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments