Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72641 - 03/08/03 03:49 PM making friends for life in Spain
princess Offline

Loc: usa
Hello I am an American female looking for cheap places to stay in Spain.I've been checking out hostels but I guess i didnt realize how expensive Spain was compared to staying in South America. If anyone is willing to rent a room to me for 3 months I can maybe help them learn more english. I really want to learn more spanish and if anyone in any part of Spain wants to make a friend for life by cultural exchange please let me know. I really enjoy exploring and I find it best with natives of the country also hotels and hostels are expensive in Spain.Please no perverts ! laugh preferably other females or families wanting childcare. I'll be there in June 2003. To contact me please email me at princes13ga@yahoo.com. laugh

#72642 - 03/12/03 07:41 AM Re: making friends for life in Spain
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Princess,

Just wanted to ask you, have you used the board, or chequed THIS or other webpages rolleyes for that matter, to do a search on hostels ('hostales')? You'd find there are perfectly centric, neat and friendly ones for €20-30 a night for a single room. That's certainly NOT expensive! unless you compare their price to those in SouthAmerica (try comparing them to other European capitals! eek )

In any case, good luck finding nice lodgings! smile

#72643 - 03/22/03 06:29 PM Re: making friends for life in Spain
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
If you are going to be here during the warm (or ultra hot!) weather, check out Hostal Mondragon, on C/Jeronimo, near the Palacio des Deputatos, across the street and in the next block towards Plaza Mayor, on the 3rd (?) piso. They were only about $15 US per night a few years ago for a single, shared bath. The family is absolutely wonderful, the location convenient to everything and it is clean. Tell the two Marias and their mother that "Martín (el Americano)" sent you! They are my Spanish family, and I love them dearly, and you will too! If you need a more specific address and a phone number I could check it out for you Monday. Unfortunately the hostal does not have heat, so winters are harsh.

Martín de Madrid
President
1st Class Pinups
"The Classical Alternative in Pinup Art"
http:/www.1stclasspinups.com

#72644 - 03/22/03 06:33 PM Re: making friends for life in Spain
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Another possibility is to get ahold of the newspaper " Segunda Mano " and look for a cheap room or apartment to share. The outlying pueblos in Communidad Madrid are much, much less expensive, allow you to live with the real locals, generally have good bus and/or train connections within about 1 hour or less to Madrid. You might check out Hoyo de Manzanares and Colmenar Viejo. I currently live in Colmenar, and used to live in Hoyo. Both are marvelous.

Martín de Madrid
President
1st Class Pinups
"The Classical Alternative in Pinup Art"
http://www.1stclasspinups.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2171 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments