Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#74292 - 01/30/06 10:46 AM Madrid:Wed.Lunch get-together? Feb.1
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'll be in downtown Madrid on Wednesday, February 1st, 2006 and would like to share lunch with someone (anyone!) from the forum. Anyone planning to be downtown anyway that afternoon? I was downtown today, just strolling around and running some errands, and had lunch by myself :o . And while fine to eat alone, it's MUCH more interesting to meet new people over a meal. Anyone game? Spaniards and non-Spaniards, travelers and non-travelers invited to answer this posting here in this thread.

Where to eat lunch? Not sure but that should be decided quickly because there's less than 48 hours between now and that expected 2:30pm Lunchtime get-together. Today I ate at La Sanabresa on Calle Amor de Dios, just north of the "en obras" rolleyes Plaza Anton Martín, near Huertas. I could eat there again but am open to suggestions.

Hope to see you Wednesday! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74293 - 01/30/06 03:43 PM Re: Madrid:Wed.Lunch get-together? Feb.1
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Wow! I'm in Madrid on Wednesday morning! I'm afraid I will be in Pozuelo for lunch, but I could have an aperitivo with beer and calamares with the mighty MadridMan.

#74294 - 01/30/06 03:56 PM Re: Madrid:Wed.Lunch get-together? Feb.1
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Wow! That would be GREAT, deibid, but I won't be in the downtown until just before lunchtime. I have to do some work at home by morning. Nex time you're in Madrid around lunchtime let me know and we'll try to plan something. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74295 - 01/30/06 07:26 PM Re: Madrid:Wed.Lunch get-together? Feb.1
Mercedes Pacifica Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi!

It will be fun to have lunch on wednesday. Your suggestion is ok with me. I just move back to Madrid after many years in San Francisco so I am rediscovering the city.

Mercedes

#74296 - 01/31/06 03:12 AM Re: Madrid:Wed.Lunch get-together? Feb.1
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GREAT! Looking forward to meeting you, Mercedes. La Sanabresa is usually nearly full full by 2:30pm and people are often waiting at the door for a free table. I'll try to be there a little early.

La Sanabresa is at Calle Amor de Dios, 12 (click for map), just north of the (en obras) Plaza Anton Martín. (Calle de Atocha runs through this plaza)

Anyone else? Saludos, MadridMan

#74297 - 01/31/06 05:21 AM Re: Madrid:Wed.Lunch get-together? Feb.1

Perfect! I´ll be there at 2:15,

Mercedes

#74298 - 02/01/06 05:11 AM Re: Madrid:Wed.Lunch get-together? Feb.1
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

See you there at 2:15, Mercedes. Anyone else is welcome if you can recognize me in line or at a table.

Saludos, MadridMan

#74299 - 02/01/06 01:24 PM Re: Madrid:Wed.Lunch get-together? Feb.1
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Good lunch today with you today, Mercedes! It was SO NICE meeting you and we had so much in common - lots to talk about. La Sanabresa was predictably goooood too. 2:15pm was a good time to meet because, as we both saw, by 2:45pm there was a line of people at the door waiting for a table.

I'll be posting new threads from time to time when I plan to be downtown and looking for lunchtime company for future casual get togethers with forum members in Madrid.

I remember sometime last year I walked into La Sanabresa for a solo lunch and to my surprise I found message board member GoMadrid and his wife and son dining there already! We'd met before so they were kind to invite me to their table to join them.

Until the next time!

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup

#74300 - 02/02/06 04:01 PM Re: Madrid:Wed.Lunch get-together? Feb.1

It was a fun lunch, good food and great company.

I think I´m going to steal, well borrow your idea, and also post my future lunches plans in downtown. I will take seriously to look for good places to explore.

Let´s lunch soon

Mercedes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments