Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#73485 - 08/30/04 01:59 PM Madrid: Sofa-bed wanted
SimonC Offline

Loc: Madrid - Spain
Another topic i know!
Anyway, i am after a nice Sofabed for when guest come to stay. Anyone got one who live in Madrid?

Let us know and send a photo(s).

Thanks..
Sim

#73486 - 08/30/04 03:22 PM Re: Madrid: Sofa-bed wanted
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm curious. ("yeah? so?") wink Are sofa-beds common and readily available in Spain?? I don't think I've ever heard of them there & definitely never seen one.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73487 - 08/30/04 03:33 PM Re: Madrid: Sofa-bed wanted
Espe3 Offline

Yes MM! They are ready and available without a doubt! :p

#73488 - 08/30/04 06:46 PM Re: Madrid: Sofa-bed wanted
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think most houses have one.

#73489 - 08/30/04 10:48 PM Re: Madrid: Sofa-bed wanted
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Madridman-

And, if memory serves me, they are, cleverly, called: sofa-cama.

By the way...they also sell futons in Spain.

Sheryl

#73490 - 08/31/04 05:00 AM Re: Madrid: Sofa-bed wanted
SimonC Offline

Loc: Madrid - Spain
Ok, you're all freaking me out... Serious!?? Never heard????
Dammit.

Just thought a sofabed would be better as Beds take up too much room! Thanks for email about Ikea... problem with Ikea is that they're not as cheap as everyone thinks... and their sofas arent that great.

Sim

#73491 - 08/31/04 05:29 AM Re: Madrid: Sofa-bed wanted
Anonymous
Unregistered

IKEA is not real cheap, although they aren't expensive either, (I hope my workmate won't read over my shoulder, her husband works there smile ), but the design is horrible .

I wonder if they have no design, can't do it better, or are trying to dissuade peopel from buying the IKEA line because they have another one with good design they want to redirect people to. laugh

When we want to buy forniture in Madrid, we use to go South through N-IV road, which is full of furniture factories direct sell sites, that allow you some savings. But look well, because some of they are almost reaching the shops' prices these days.

I don't mean that you do the same since your purchase is much smaller in price, but I took a friend to these places (we had to go 3/4 days till we found what he wanted), and he bought an enormous wood cupboard that would have costed him 9000 euros (a similar one) for 6000 euros, and he liked much more the design.

#73492 - 08/31/04 10:47 PM Re: Madrid: Sofa-bed wanted
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Down with Ikea. A few years ago, when I got married, my wife and I picked up about $1500.00 worth of Ikea furniture. We ended up taking back a sofa, as well as a dining table due to defects in the wood. It was THE biggest hassle dealing with Ikea management, trying to return these items. I have not gone back since, nor will I go back in the future. My two cents.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments