Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#72218 - 11/19/02 12:36 PM Has anyone thought of meeting?
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
¡Hola a todos!

I was just thinking since this is such a cool site... Has anyone thought of doing a "real" meeting for members?

I was just wondering...

#72219 - 11/19/02 12:45 PM Re: Has anyone thought of meeting?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey!!! That's a GREAT idea!! Why didn't I ever think of that!!! wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72220 - 11/19/02 12:50 PM Re: Has anyone thought of meeting?
carmendeespana Offline

Great!!! Now.... who wants to meet? I´m in Madrid, so of course I´d prefer if we all meet in Madrid. We can do a get together for a cup of nice coffee and some muffins. laugh laugh laugh

What do you think? smile

#72221 - 11/19/02 01:26 PM Re: Has anyone thought of meeting?
Espe3 Offline

jejej! Carmen, welcome to MadridMan!
I'd like to help you out a bit, um MM (MadridMan himself) was teasing you smile All in good fun though! Sometimes, because of people's varying degrees of english, its hard to tell when something is a joke, or teasing or sarcasm y nos hacemos un lio!

There are meetings with message board members. Usually in Spain, but when people feel like it, they just post a message and say for their area who ever is close let's get together for coffee, dinner etc.

MM does gatherings when he's in Madrid smile Which is quite the fiesta as I've read from old posts. And of couse when he's not there, people get together also, as there are many members that live in Madrid.

Good luck organizing your meeting. I'm in the states for now, so I'll have to catch up to everyone at a later date! smile And again, welcome Carmen!

(MM, hope you don't mind I rolled out the welcome wagon!)

#72222 - 11/19/02 01:30 PM Re: Has anyone thought of meeting?
carmendeespana Offline

Thanks, so MM was just making fun of ME!!!!

I am just a newbie!!! Come on!!!

wink I´m kiddin´.

But I kind of thought he was true. Well anyway, I hope more people join, or maybe we have to wait for MM to come back to Madrid? When was the last meeting?

Gracias por darme la bienvenida.

#72223 - 11/19/02 01:58 PM Re: Has anyone thought of meeting?
Espe3 Offline

Hombre! De nada! Para eso estamos! smile

I don't know when the last party was. But no, you don't have to wait until he goes again, they're just that much more special when he's there. And from what I've read on past parties, lots more people show up also!

When MM sees this, I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction if you want to read about some of the parties. I tried looking in the boards, but couldn't find them. You can always try to do a search... if I find where it is, I'll post it for you smile

#72224 - 11/19/02 02:01 PM Re: Has anyone thought of meeting?
carmendeespana Offline

I was also looking at the other threads, but couldn´t find anything except for the L.A. meetings...

Thanks for your help, sooooo much. smile

#72225 - 11/19/02 02:38 PM Re: Has anyone thought of meeting?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
carmendeespana, Espe3 is right, I'm sorry, I was only teasing you. No offense was intended.

You can read about a few of the "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" gatherings in the following threads (links to photos of the gatherings too!):

" Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0 ", " REALLY NICE!! Madridman´s party (v. 3.0) ", " Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! ", & MadridParty5/10/02: Chrissiij & JoeSambuca arranged!! " among others.

The gatherings are mainly "mature" get-togethers with a long of talking, eating, drinking, more talking until the late/early hours of the morning. But as I understand it, the parties seem to START AFTER the parties end. (right, pim? hehehe.. wink )

I hold the "Party With MadridMan: Version X.0" whenever I go to Madrid, which is usally only once a year (not nearly as often as I'd like) but as you'll hear and read (above) there are other non-MadridMan-attending-gatherings of members of MadridMan's ALL SPAIN Message Board. This makes me very very happy. smile

We always have a very nice mix of Spaniards and non-Spaniards - the non-Spaniards are mainly those from the USA. A good percentage of those non-Spaniards do speak some Spanish or are fluent (I'm in the "some" category) so don't feel that you won't be understand. I'm particularly honored by those Spaniards whom attend and struggle with English if the person to whom they're speaking doesn't speak any Spanish. Typically, about 20-30 people attend and can start as early as 8pm and last until, what, 6am?? I can't usually stay awake past 2am though. hehehe..

The gatherings are a lot of fun for me and a real pleasure to meet the newer members of the message board.

BY THE WAY, since we're talking about it, the NEXT "Party With MadridMan: Version 5.0" will take place sometime around Semana Santa 2003 as that will be my NEXT trip to Madrid. Woo Hoo! carmendeespana, I hope you can attend! I'd/We'd LOVE to meet you.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72226 - 11/19/02 02:49 PM Re: Has anyone thought of meeting?
carmendeespana Offline

Hey, thanks sooooo much!!!

It seems you had a lot of fun during your gatherings, right? laugh

Well, I speak English fluently (or at least I hope so wink ) I lived in the United States so I like to think that I learnt something. smile

I will try to go to your next meeting, but I have a trip already scheduled for April 2003 (to the US, actually.)It´s a business trip and I don´t think they will cancell it. But I hope I can make it.

I´d love to meet you all too. :p

#72227 - 11/19/02 02:51 PM Re: Has anyone thought of meeting?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
A possible party with madridman during Semana Santa eek ?? Yea! That would be great because I will finally be back in spain for next semester!!!!!! laugh
Kelly smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1619 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments