Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72187 - 11/04/02 04:51 PM Is an exchange Club a good idea?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
I exchange Spanish for English with some American people in Madrid. We think it would be fine to organize a small exchange club. We would go out and speak in both languages, one at a time. Ideas, opinions. Antonio you that have such a sound mind, what do you thing?

Andrés

#72188 - 11/04/02 08:00 PM Re: Is an exchange Club a good idea?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I organized and participate in an intercambio here at my university in the usa. Our group presently consists of 6 spaniards (exchange students studying here for a semester) and 4 americans. It has been absolutely amazing!!! We meet twice a week, sometimes just in a cafe to talk, other times we go places on or close to campus...we alternate speaking both in english and spanish. I think we have learned a lot from them as they have from us. There is never a lack of topics, and it is very relaxed. I would definitely suggest forming a group like this, I think you will find it well worth the effort. I know that next semester while I am studying in at La Universidad de Granada, I will definitely try to find a group like this to participate in!
Kelly smile

#72189 - 11/05/02 01:54 PM Re: Is an exchange Club a good idea?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I think it's a very good idea. Unfortunately, I don't have much time at the moment to join you.

First of all, you should have a fast/easy way to communicate each other for the meetings. One way could be using a mailing list. People would send an e-mail there and all the members will get a copy of it.

If you were thinking of making it as an open club, then you could set up a website with information about when and where you are meeting and perhaps people could join you. Both the mailing list and the website can be done with free ISPs.

#72190 - 11/06/02 03:27 PM Re: Is an exchange Club a good idea?
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hey, Andrés, it sounds like a good idea. Count me in for the Exchange Club. I could be a great way to meet people and practice a foreign language having a good time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments