Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71864 - 08/14/02 11:47 AM Churrito sends an abrazo!
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Hola everyone! I´m in Spain FINALLY!!!!!! Right now I´m checking my email in Alcala de Henares. Guess what, yesterday I went to the Reina Sofia (it was closed ... ) but what a pleasant surprise to find myself face to face with that famous Madridman hangout, El Brillante! So Madridman, I felt it was a personal obligation to have a cañita in your honor! Tomorrow I will try a bocata de calamares.

Sending everyone a big warm abrazo from España.

Churrito

(If anyone still wants to hang out, I´ll be here until the 26th, please email sobewriter@hotmail.com)

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#71865 - 08/14/02 02:33 PM Re: Churrito sends an abrazo!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Churrrrrrrito!!! What are you doing in Alcalá de Henares?? I'm SO happy to know that you entered the famed and favorite El Brillante. Did you sit on the terraza or stand at the bar inside? Ahhh yes.. Seems it was only yesterday when I met you there over last Christmas season for the big MadridMan get together.

Is the Reina Sofía close for their renovations or was it just closed yesterday? I thought it was closed on Mondays not Tuesdays.

Have a GREAT time in/around Madrid! I'm sure you will.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71866 - 08/14/02 06:52 PM Re: Churrito sends an abrazo!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Churrito, guess what? Yesterday I went to the Reina Sofía and it wasn't really closed. It was only opened for a special free guided visit for selected guests like me cool :p So, I visited it with other 24 people.

It's always very interesting to have someone explaining you everything, specially when it comes to modern art.

By the way, there are guided visits all year round on Mondays and Wednesdays at 17:00 and on Saturdays at 11:00am.

#71867 - 08/14/02 11:05 PM Re: Churrito sends an abrazo!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Churrito,
Que felicidad! I can't wait to hear all about your trip, maybe we can have a MadrdidMan party in December with the other Miami & South Florida members.

How hot is it over there? Not that it truly matters, because when you'e in Madrid you're in heaven!

Que tengas un buen viaje,
Carmen smile

#71868 - 08/16/02 02:50 PM Re: Churrito sends an abrazo!
churrocaliente Offline

Hi everyone, checking my email from Calle de Alcala!

Well Antonio, you are treated like royalty! Seriously, it seems like the Reina Sofia is currently closed on Tuesdays. Antonio, I am going to call Hostal Chelo as I am considering transfering from Villanueva de la Torre to Madrid. That cercanias train is great but the commute eats up half my day!

Yesterday I had a bocata de calamares before visiting the museum. How can such a simple sandwich be so delicious? Definitely stick to your ribs. BTW, Madridman, I´ve never been to one of your reunions, so we have never met in person, although I hope to have the pleasure someday.)

Booklady, it is pretty hot, but since I come from humid and sweltering Miami Beach, it aint that bad. Dry heat is so much better ... you don´t feel like a wet rag by the end of the day. And besides, there are all those great places to hide in during prime heat hours, eating a big meal and drinking tinto de verano. (Today was Cafe de Gijon en Recoletos.)

Madrid is wonderful! It´s a bit lonely traveling by myself, but heck, how dare I complain?

Abrazos laugh

Churrito

#71869 - 08/21/02 10:47 AM Re: Churrito sends an abrazo!
churrocaliente Offline

hi everyone!

Sorry to be brief, but I´ve got 3 minutes ... can anyone tell me if Andres and the walks of Spain folks are doing tapas walks in August?

thank you ... please post here or reply to sobewriter@hotmail.com

un abrazo from Madrid

Maria

#71870 - 08/21/02 11:46 AM Re: Churrito sends an abrazo!
stacey Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I just got a confirmation from Andre that he is putting together a tour on August 31, 2002. It sounds like a lot of fun. His web site is www.walksofspain.com . I am leaving for Europe tomorrow! laugh Just alittle excited. See you there.

#71871 - 08/21/02 12:12 PM Re: Churrito sends an abrazo!
Hilde Offline

Loc: Norway
It is a lot of fun, going out with Andrés - you should ask him to teach you how to dance merengue (if you don’t know it already) Tell him that one of his former students have recommended him laugh

Hilde

#71872 - 08/22/02 06:10 AM Re: Churrito sends an abrazo!
churrocaliente Offline

Thanks! I haven´t heard from Andres yet but last night I did get to enjoy some tapas and vino at La Chata with a friend. I was walking back to Plaza Mayor and heard a beautiful thing ... a spontaneous burst of improvised flamenco coming out of a lit balcony ... ah! laugh

Churrito

#71873 - 08/22/02 05:04 PM Re: Churrito sends an abrazo!
stacey Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I have met other tour mates through one of Andres' tours, he is putting together on August 31, 2002. I haven't even gone yet. :p How much fun is that! laugh It is so hard to work today, but this time tomorrow ..... rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments