MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#71212 - 02/26/02 09:22 AM Party Time In Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hola! The anchovy surfaces for air! smile Too much work over the last few months and not enough time for the serious things in life like this board!

I see MadridMan is on his travels again and will be around soon? My brother in law, who actually lives in Russia, eek is coming over to spend Easter with us and is flying in to Madrid on Good Friday, 29th March. He asked me to sort him out with a hostal for the night and a Talgo to the Costa del Sol next day, but we thought we'd drive up and collect him instead.

That gives us a chance for a couple of nights to sample the staid, boring, extremely dull wink nightlife that city has to offer. And with MM in person in the country around then, is there any MadridMan gathering on offer that weekend?

#71213 - 02/26/02 09:51 AM Re: Party Time In Madrid
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hey Anchovy!

One can tell that one hasn't been checking the search facility since one returned!
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Think you might have to reschedule everyone to make sure you don't miss MM's Version 4.0!

Jo
(Who shared a bag of pink pigs recently)

Actually, I have myself just tried a search, and because it's not possible to search 'All Open Forums' anymore, I can't find the relevant thread without going through every one separately.

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: Jo-Anne ]

#71214 - 02/26/02 10:04 AM Re: Party Time In Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hi Jo! That was a bit below the belt, mentioning the Percy Pigs, now that Marks and Spencer have vanished from our shores rolleyes (Apologies to anybody who thinks we're two nutty Brits gone completely round the twist by the way)

I nearly apologised in my first post for not doing a complete search but instead looked at the last 60 days and could only find (as I did just now) a reference to a bash on December 29th, which as I am not a Time Lord anymore, find myself unable to attend.

So go on then....... is it SingalongaMadridMan that weekend?

#71215 - 02/26/02 10:43 AM Re: Party Time In Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'll be posting something "official" at the end of the month in a stand-alone thread in this forum, but the scheduled date for the "Party With MadridMan: Version 4.0" is on Thursday, April 4th. My FIRST thought was to have it on Friday, March 29th (would have been PERFECT for you Anchovy Front), but my ladyfriend, as well as other Spaniards, have told me that this wouldn't be a good day for Spaniards to attend as it's a religious day, the end of Semana Santa, people are traveling outside of Madrid, etcetera. So, while it would probably be a perfect day for travelers who will be IN Madrid on the 29th, I LOVE having a good mix of Spaniards with our travelers so I decided on Thursday, April 4th (at El Brillante, of course! We'll have the terraza!! Woo Hoo!).

Why a Thursday? Well, most Spaniards probably won't be able to stay out as late on a Thursday as they did on our Saturday night party, Version 3.0, when most people didn't leave until about 3:00am, eek but at least they'll be more likely to attend. Plus, I'm expecting to spend the weekend, starting the 5th, outside of Madrid for my final Spain weekend and then I leave Madrid on Monday morning, April 8th. frown

So that's the scoop! Oh, by the way, I'll be "packing" my own digital camera for the next "Party: Version 4.0" and may be able to upload them afterwards. We'll see about that. laugh

Anchovy Front, couldn't you still come up for that Thursday party? I'm guessing NOT since you're a hard-working man. (at least you HAVE a job in Spain, right?)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71216 - 02/26/02 01:19 PM Re: Party Time In Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Doh! Just missed it, it seems, MM. No, I can only do the two nights, 29th and 30th, because we have been so busy at work over the past few months I can't spare any time away, other than the Easter hols we get. We would normally go camping near Cadiz at that time as it is a bit of a tradition with us and usually pretty warm too (it is today - mid seventies and very pleasant). However, the chance of doing my bro in law a favour and giving us the excuse to scoot up for a couple of nights in the capital was too good to miss.

I'll go on to the terrace of El Brillante anyway and pretend you're all there, so if anyone sees a sad person on Good Friday night talking to his wife and twenty imaginary people, say hello, won't you?

It's amazing you know - you try and kick the habit of the MadridMan message board, but it always gets you in the end! I stopped the ciggies four years ago and that was much easier than not posting messages here! laugh

#71217 - 02/26/02 03:17 PM Re: Party Time In Madrid
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Hey MadridMan-
When are you and your lady friend heading to Galicia? Do you have your itinerary ironed out yet?

#71218 - 02/26/02 03:28 PM Re: Party Time In Madrid
Tia Offline

Anchovy wrote:
Quote:
you try and kick the habit of the MadridMan message board

Why should you? It´s not lethal or even injurious to your health! laugh

#71219 - 02/26/02 03:39 PM Re: Party Time In Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
.... except for the pain of some of those PUNS! Longtime members will remember that long, very PUNny thread started by, either/or Anchovy Front and Calibasco.

CathyM, I'll PrivateMessage you about my itinerary tonight. wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71220 - 02/27/02 04:43 AM Re: Party Time In Madrid
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Hmmm.... Maybe it's one reason why I've had to work so hard to catch up recently Auntie Jo! laugh

#71221 - 02/27/02 08:15 AM Re: Party Time In Madrid
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Anchovy,

You won't escape me when I get to Spain. I've already started the paper work, whereby you and your wife "adopt me." laugh After about two or three bottles of good wine, and a few other assorted drinks, you'll both just sign on the dotted line, and I can move all my clothes into the "spare bedroom." wink

Now, if that makes it difficult for your kids, just tell them to get out on their own, make a living, and find a new place to live. The Wolf needs a place to sleep, and eat.

I'll be sending you my TV, computer, Internet, eating, and maid service requirements within a few days, by e-mail. After all, you do want me to be as comfortable as possible, don't you? rolleyes

Oh! One other thing! I think we should start considering how big of an allowance you're going to give me, so I can live the good life. smile

Wolf (Whose aim is pretty good in the bathroom, unless he drank too much - eek )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1812 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments