Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86905 - 03/27/10 06:29 AM DVD Rental by Mail
The_Keeper Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
Hi.

Anyone know of a postal DVD rental service in Spain. I think like the Netflix service available elsewhere.

Cheers in advance.

M.

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com

#86912 - 03/27/10 01:44 PM Re: DVD Rental by Mail [Re: The_Keeper]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Seems to me someone asked this a long time ago. But as far as I'm aware, Netflix (or similar) doesn't exist in Spain yet - probably because Spain is like the European country with the highest incidence in not only illegal downloads but also pirated movies sold in "top manta" and companies know/think a rental service such as this couldn't be profitable. The Spanish mentality (generalizing) on this topic is, "Why should I pay for it when I can get it for free?"

The Keeper (are you REALLY in Basel, Switzerland now?!?! Hmmm... If not, please update your profile), from people I know whom live in Switzerland, they say they have the international legal right to download movies for their own personal use. Isn't that great?! Good for them. Hmph. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88752 - 12/10/10 03:35 AM Re: DVD Rental by Mail [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I just saw an ad for FILMAMORA.com. They claim to be 100% LEGAL DVD rentals by mail. "The only place in Spain that lets you rent World Cinema on DVD in English. Unlimited rental plans from €9.99/month"

That's fantastic!! Finally, the (rare) non-pirate's way to get DVDs in English sent to your door in Spain! (Spanish language DVDs available too, by the way)

I might just have to sign up.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2028 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments