Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86561 - 02/10/10 01:52 PM Madrid 3 D
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Madrid 3 D Google Earth is something I just found! A little surreal, but still fun.

#86567 - 02/10/10 03:16 PM Re: Madrid 3 D [Re: esperanza]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Cool video! Odd how only the building have height whereas the trees are flat. It only looks odd when you get down to near ground level and see green land in front of you - covered in flat trees! For example, when the video takes you to street level at the Plaza de Cibeles, you're right in front of found looking towards Paseo del Prado - and there are NO TREES except the ones lying flat on the ground. hehehe....

I've never used Google Earth, mainly because I didn't want to install it on my computer after hearing the program is HUGE. And still, now after buying a super fast computer with an enormous hard drive, I STILL don't want to install it on my computer! hehehe... I'll stick to Google Maps Street View.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86572 - 02/10/10 06:37 PM Re: Madrid 3 D [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Thanks for sharing that! And now here's Valencia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBgmjmQjp1k&NR=1

MM You're missing out. I love my Google Earth. I guess Google Maps is just fine but G.E. has soo many more goodies.

Peace

#86575 - 02/11/10 04:15 AM Re: Madrid 3 D [Re: Rodolfo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Rodolfo, please convince me. I love gadgets but apart from the "that's cool" aspect of it I can't imagine any applications worthy of its installation. Don't think I don't scrutinize carefully everything I put on my hard drive! hehehe... wink I'm not one to load-up my hard drive with programs I'm not likely to use frequently. Plus, with many programs, even if you DE-install them you're likely to leave a trail of little files behind and an altered registry. I hate nothing more than crumbs in my bed.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#86578 - 02/11/10 01:16 PM Re: Madrid 3 D [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
MM, I can understand why you'd have concerns about intalling things like this on your computer. I've had stuff on my PC that have made it "buggy" and didn't like it one bit.

For me, it's a great travel tool. When I visited Brussles for the first time, I had no clue what to expect and didn't know a thing about the lay of the land, but it was easy to map out my arrival at the airport, distance I would travel on the train into town then from there to the hotel. It was a virtual "dry run".

Also, lets say I'd never been to Madrid and was trying to get an idea of the time and distance I would travel in a day spent walking the streets. Well, I can see, that from Sol to Opera is .32 miles. From there to the Palace then on to Plaza Espana is another .55 and then down Gran Via to Callao would be another .33. You can really budget your time and also see what stores, restaurants and sites you'd encounter along the way. I love it!

Maybe one day, use a friends computer who has it and see what you think. If you really feel it might compromise your computer then by all means, stay away from it. Maybe I can be more cautious as well.

Peace

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1612 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments