Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#69635 - 03/28/06 08:03 PM "Volver" - anyone seen it yet?
misspom Offline

Loc: new york
I know it just got released in Spain - I'd love to hear reviews!

#69636 - 04/07/06 11:34 PM Re: "Volver" - anyone seen it yet?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
There is a rave review for Almodóvar's newest film in today's LaVanguardia newspaper from Barcelona. Here's the link:

www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060407/51243218000.html

#69637 - 04/08/06 03:14 PM Re: "Volver" - anyone seen it yet?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I saw it last week. Despite I being an Almodovar fan, I have to say that this film didn't get to my heart. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Definitely is a good film, but it has nothing (or I didn't catch) that shows the genius Almodovar is. Nothing that only Almodovar can do. Actors (actresses, to be true) are correct, but none of them do a super performance, in my opinion.

For those who are afraid of seeing Almodovar's films due to usual explicit sex scenes, this is the least 'hard' in this aspect. Actually only a scene has a bit of it, and it is a tiny tiny one. A, say, thirteen y.o. can see it without any problem. And I don't say a younger kid because probably wouldn't understand the story, not for explicit contents.

I would give it a 6.5/10.

#69638 - 04/20/06 07:22 AM Re: "Volver" - anyone seen it yet?
quique Offline

Loc: alcala de henares
A good movie with a disappointing beginning funny, sad, with powerful frames and, maybe, too "spanish" (there are a lot of local topics)for you. Actually is almost a remake of one of his earliest movies: ¿Qué he hecho yo para merecer esto?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1857 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments