MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67581 - 09/03/02 03:20 PM Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
A question to all of you lucky enough to live in Spain -

Is Canal Plus still showing this news parody show ( Las Noticias del Guiñol ) after their daily news? I used to watch them daily on their web site, but the site hasn't been updated since June, so I was wondering if they were still on and the site administrators have just been lazy, or if they got pulled from the programming.

They used to come on at "diez menos diez" every weekday. Any help would be appreciated.

Muy buenas noches noches a todos todos.

BK

#67582 - 09/03/02 07:02 PM Re: Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That's a good question. I don't know the answer but their most recent "recorded" program on their website is from June 26th. Maybe they've taken the summer off. I LOVE that program.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67583 - 09/05/02 04:17 PM Re: Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Is that the puppet program on the news? We saw it in Santiago and I wet my pants three times in a half-hour! Good stuff!

#67584 - 09/06/02 08:12 AM Re: Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Only 3? You're really learning to control that much better these days.

#67585 - 09/06/02 12:08 PM Re: Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
MAD for Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Yes, it is still on here in Madrid. It comes on right after the CNN+ newscast at about 9:50pm. In fact, the really cool thing is that this is openly braodcast and you don't need to be a Canal+ subscriber to see it. I get Canal+ for about 3 hours a day and am not a subscriber to any type of cable (just news and stuff - no movies)

I love it too and laugh everytime. It is also a big help to this Madrid newbie to learn about some of Spain's cultural or pop-cultural figures.

#67586 - 09/06/02 01:00 PM Re: Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Yeah, normally I have eight or nine accidents a day, and was in the middle of what I refer to as a "dry day" when the noticias came on...my own incontinence combined with the laughter-inducing comedy was too much for one man's bladder to take!

#67587 - 09/06/02 03:25 PM Re: Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
Bocata King Offline

MAD for Madrid,

Thanks for the update. Glad to know they are still on. Now I just have to figure out why they aren't updating their site.

BK

#67588 - 10/12/02 09:49 AM Re: Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
I'm not a big fan of '"El Guiñol"' myself, but I admit they've had some 'puntitos'; I remember once they recreated the last scene of the movie The Full Monty, but this time the Spanish politicians performed the dance + the striptease....

Anyway, what I really wanted to comment on is 'EL Club de la Comedia', another Canal + show.
Ever since I went to the States I had wondered why we didn't have that great stand-up comedy tradition, for the longest time it seemed like such an American phenomenon, at least to me; but this program came along about three years ago, and it turns out there are GREAT stand-up comedians/comediennes in this country. I love the program, which seems to get bigger as time passes (it started out quite low-key), and the fact that both total newcomers and well-known comic actors participate, and 99% of their monologues are brilliant.

#67589 - 10/12/02 10:33 AM Re: Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
pim, thanks for breathing new life into this thread! I noticed the above link I inserted months ago was outdated so I.. ummm... UPdated it anew. And get this Bocata King (he loves them!), they have NEW episodes viewable online! You can see those HERE !! Maybe they just took the summer off. Not sure. I'm looking forward to more "Muy buenas noches noches a todos todos" today.

Enjoy! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67590 - 10/12/02 03:17 PM Re: Canal Plus - Las Noticias del Guiñol
Bocata King Offline

Yes!! I noticed that my beloved Noticias returned a few weeks ago, but this time with a new host. So much for our "muy buenas noches noches", but change is good . .. .so they say, and I'm sure the new host will grow on me.

Enjoy everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1906 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments