Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69247 - 05/26/05 02:49 PM Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
Agent Sands Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Has anyone seen Ridley Scott's Crusade epic "Kingdom of Heaven?" Is it true that some interior and exterior scenes were filmed in the deserts of Southern Spain and Morocco?

#69248 - 05/26/05 05:34 PM Re: Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Agent Sands!

I haven't watched the movie yet, but I will smile .

Some scenes have been shot in Spain indeed:

Cantabria: Orlando Bloom's homeland

Liam Neeson in Huesca (Aragón)

Ávila (Castille & Leon)

The city of Jerusalem is "Palma del Río" in Córdoba and some scenes were shot in Seville too.

The dessert and battles scenes were shot in Morocco.

The horse saddles, armours, swords, crosses, and some costumes were made in Spain as well. They also ride spanish thoroughbred horses.

#69249 - 05/26/05 09:15 PM Re: Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
How very cool that some of the scenes were filmed in Spain!

Amleth wrote:
Quote:
Cantabria: Orlando Bloom's homeland
Hmmm.. Really? Spain isn't mentioned in his long biography on IMDB.com HERE . Seems his homeland is and has spent all his life in England. Sorry!

Read all about the 2005 movie "Kingdom of Heaven" HERE .

Filming Locations for Kingdom of Heaven (2005):

Loarre, Huesca, Aragón, Spain
Morocco
Segovia, Castilla y León, Spain
Sevilla, Andalucía, Spain
Ávila, Castilla y León, Spain

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69250 - 05/26/05 10:35 PM Re: Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I'm taking my husband to the movie this weekend to see this film; now I will enjoy it even more, because I get to travel virtually to Spain too!
Graciñas, MM!

#69251 - 05/27/05 12:26 PM Re: Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
Agent Sands Offline

Hola damas y caballero. Watch the Ridley Scott helmed epic "Kingdom of Heaven." It is a great film with a universal message as timely as today's headlines. I could have sworn that the interior shot of King Baldwin the Leper's palace took place in the Alcazar in Sevilla. I am planning to watch the film again perhaps this weekend. I can't wait to see those places where the movie was filmed, particularly Aragon and Cantabria. Hopefully, Hollywood will do a remake of the classic Charlton Heston film, "El Cid" with Ridley Scott as director in the future.

#69252 - 05/27/05 03:47 PM Re: Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
Amleth Offline

Quote:
Hmmm.. Really? Spain isn't mentioned in his long biography on IMDB.com HERE. Seems his homeland is and has spent all his life in England. Sorry!
What I meant is that Bloom's homeland is Cantabria in the real life... the scenes were shot in Cantabria.
The film "The Others" takes place in the Channel Islands (UK) but it was filmed in Cantabria too.

#69253 - 05/27/05 04:40 PM Re: Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
Agent Sands Offline

It seems Spain is a favorite place for filmmakers to shoot their movies. Most of the Italian Westerns that were popular in the mid-60s such as Sergio Leone's immensely popular Man With No Name trilogy starring Hollywood superstar Clint Eastwood were shot in the arid Tabernas desert region in Almeria. David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia was filmed their as well. Anyone else remember classic or recent Hollywood or British films that were shot in Spain?

Here's my list

1. Wind and the Lion- Sean Connery
2. The Ninth Gate- Johnny Depp
3. The Mercenary- Franco Nero
4. Return of the Magnificent Seven- Yul Brynner
5. Siesta- Ellen Barkin

#69254 - 06/21/05 05:46 AM Re: Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
Amleth Offline

1. Star Wars 1 & Star Wars 2 (Spain's Naboo Planet)
2. Lovecraft's Dagon
3. The Bridge of San Luis Rey
4. Conan
5. Flesh & Blood
6. The Others
7. 1492 The Conquest of Paradise
8. Patton

#69255 - 06/21/05 08:32 AM Re: Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Not really, Amleth.
Only Star Wars II was filmed in Seville, in Plaza de España.
Episode I was filmed in Italy and Tunisia

#69256 - 06/21/05 05:38 PM Re: Movie: Kingdom of Heaven, scenes filmed in Spain!
Amleth Offline

You're right deibid, it's Star Wars II only.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1598 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments