MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68944 - 12/16/04 02:27 AM Spanish Calendars for 2005
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Every year, I purchase a lovely Spanish calendar to remind me of my favorite country in Europe! Usually, these are breathtaking, but this year I believe I have purchased the most beautiful of all calendars on Spain that are available for 2005.

The well renowned photographer Michelle Chaplow (British photographer based in Andalucia)and Penelope Casas came up with the:
365 Days in Spain Calendar Wall 2005 (Picture-A-Day Wall Calendar)

Amazon had this summary on the calendar.
Quote:
Spain is happening. Surprised? The New York Times Magazine calls Spain "the new France." Charlie Trotter says "Spain is where the zeitgeist has shifted." In fact, travel to Spain has tripled in two years (52 million came in 2002), making it the second-most popular tourist destination in the world.

Featuring hundreds of full-color photographs, 365 Days in Spain is a vivid tour of twelve dynamic regions led by Penelope Casas, one of America's foremost writers on the subject of Spanish food, travel, and culture. She is the author of Discovering Spain: An Uncommon Guide and four bestselling cookbooks, and is a recipient of the Spanish government's National Prize of Gastronomy. From the arts (Pedro Almodóvar films, the Prado museum, Gaudí's whimsical architecture) to the food (whether it's tapas or the gourmet creations of famed three-star chef Ferrán), Spain's time has come!
Well worth the nominal cost to have such a lovely reminder of Spain to view every day! smile

#68945 - 12/16/04 05:34 AM Re: Spanish Calendars for 2005
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
What a coincidence! I bought this calendar at Amazon.com just last month! When I got it and flipped through the months I was floored! what beautiful photos! And SO MANY! I liked mine so much that just last night I ordered one to be sent to my sister in Switzerland for Christmas. (it'll arrive late because I'm LATE shopping for my overseas friends/family rolleyes )

Love the calendar!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68946 - 12/16/04 09:49 AM Re: Spanish Calendars for 2005
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Well, I also have this calendar!! I received it as a birthday present last September...I guess my family knew that I would love it too! It really IS a gorgeous calendar.

#68947 - 12/16/04 10:11 PM Re: Spanish Calendars for 2005
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I also have this calendar. I was looking for a calendar of Spain at the Strand, one of the largest bookstores. They had hundreds of calendars with about 20 copies of each. I was about to give up when on the last table there was one copy of the 365 Day Spain Calendar. I am hoping that they will get some more since I want to buy them as gifts.

#68948 - 12/21/04 12:16 PM Re: Spanish Calendars for 2005
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I just bought this calendar for my husband for Christmas! I know he'll love the photos of his beloved homeland!

#68949 - 12/21/04 01:59 PM Re: Spanish Calendars for 2005
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Carmen,
I told Santa I wanted this - and the sweet gentleman hopped on Amazon and ordered it for me - wink with my cc! eek
Thanks so very much for sharing - I can't wait for it to arrive .... then I can just get more homesick!

#68950 - 12/21/04 03:12 PM Re: Spanish Calendars for 2005
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I didn't mention it before for concern that my above posting would appear biased or promotional but since Booklady started the thread.....

I met Michelle Chaplow (the British-expatriate photographer of the aforementioned calendar) and her husband (the owner-creator of Andalucia.com) several years ago at her invitation to their home in Estepona (near Marbella) on the Costa del Sol. She and I are in near-daily contact via ICQ (instant messaging program) too and she tells me when she does this or that - she's always traveling all over Spain AND THE WORLD taking her beautiful photos for all of us to enjoy.

Michelle's photos are undoubtedly among the best of Spain - a complete professional. Her website, http://www.MichelleChaplow.com , shows some of her other photos.

My copy of the calendar hangs just to my right on the wall of my office and people are constantly complimenting it. I've been reluctant to study too many of the months' photos because I like those wonderful scenes to be FRESH when I turn the page for the next month. January 2005 features Mallorca.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68951 - 12/21/04 04:44 PM Re: Spanish Calendars for 2005
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I know this post is about incredible scenary spanish calendars, but this is not just "another calendar".

Let me introduce some christmas banality

I've run through the "2005 official working calendar" I just couldn't help it. 2005 is bound to be a lucky year. In may, 2nd(monday) and 3rd(tuesday) are holidays,....and on december the 6th is tuesday...and 8th thursday...megabrigde opportunity. In case you are curious about the official holidays for Madrid, here it goes....the calendar:

www.ceim.es/cliente/noticias/CalendarioLaboral05.pdf

After the horrors of 2004 we deserve it

#68952 - 12/21/04 11:56 PM Re: Spanish Calendars for 2005
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Puna, you won't regret your purchase, it will remind you of that lovely land we all love. It has scores of beautiful photographs from all regions of Spain. Did I mention that the calendar is much larger than the usual ones, so the detail in the photos are truly spectacular.

MM,I'm so glad that I started this thread. How fortuitous that you know the photographer. Your friend is indeed a fantastic talent! If she ever decides to do a picture book do let us know.

I hope that they continue with the series so we can buy a 2006 calendar.

Carmen

#68953 - 12/22/04 02:37 PM Re: Spanish Calendars for 2005
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
I've already ordered it (from amazon.co.uk for those in the UK). Looking forward immensely to see-ing it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1849 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments