Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67775 - 11/12/02 03:27 AM Los lunes al sol
Miguelito Offline

Has been selected as the Spanish film that will try to win the oscar. It'll have to compite with all the foreign movies and only 5 will be selected.
It tells a story about the problem of unemployment in the towns of the north of Spain that were centred on the ships construction, when this factories close down. It's a bittersweet history, and has many humour touches. Bardem is great again, and also the rest of the cast. It's the 3rd film of Fernando León, after Barrio and Familia

#67776 - 11/17/02 03:36 PM Re: Los lunes al sol
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
For all those who are interested: The New York Times Arts and Leisure section today has a very long front page article on Almodóvar and his movies, especially Los lunes al sol .
BTW: It is rated R...can anyone who has seen it tell me if I can suggest it to my 17 year old high school students or not? Thanks!

#67777 - 11/18/02 08:26 AM Re: Los lunes al sol
Miguelito Offline

Sorry Esperanza, los lunes al sol has not been made by Almodovar, it's made by Fernando León. I think it has been classified here for older than 13 in Spain. It has some bad language but no violence and no sex, although it's a hard movie about unemployment with some humour touches. I'd recomend it to you but I'm not so sure if a teenager would like such a hard film. You better watch it first.

#67778 - 11/18/02 12:02 PM Re: Los lunes al sol
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
:o OOps! I was thinking of the wrong film!

#67779 - 11/22/02 09:34 AM Re: Los lunes al sol
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
I loved the movie and am going to see it again tonight. Lots of the dialog went over my head a few weeks ago and I want to catch more of it. Still, its really well done and has terrific performances. I agree with the above post that the theme might not be the best for high schoolers, not because of anything inappropriate, but because they would probably be bored, unless they are pretty sophisticated. I read yesterday that it was just signed for release in the US. For the third time, I'll see it with English subtitles and get the whole thing. I'll be rooting for it at the Oscars!

#67780 - 12/09/02 03:30 PM Re: Los lunes al sol
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
I saw "Los Lunes al sol" last weekend and have to agree with you: it's a hard movie but it reflects faithfully how life changed in some norther coastal towns a few years ago.

Probably, it's not an appropiate movie for teenagers, most of them won't be interested by such a social movie.

I loved the acting. Javier Bardem is great indeed. Altough I had no sympathy for him in the beginning of his career (and this has a lot to do with his disgusting caracters in "Jamon, Jamon" and especially "Huevos de Oro") I had to change my mind in the end.

#67781 - 08/22/03 03:49 PM Re: Los lunes al sol
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I know this is an old topic, but this movie just got to Austin last week. Of course, I went to see it and thought it was great.
I think it's a movie that really details the lives of people during a down economy.
Anyone know if there's a soundtrack? I thought some of the music was great.

#67782 - 08/22/03 04:51 PM Re: Los lunes al sol
Pablete Offline

Loc: Madrid
Yes, there is a soundtrank composed buy Lucio Godoy, you'll fin it here:
http://www.fnac.es/dsp/?servlet=extended...p;prodID=403647

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2941 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments