Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67943 - 01/20/03 01:53 AM New ESPN Advertisement!!!!
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Although I suffered a tough day, as both the Eagles and Titans lost today, I was revived a bit by seeing ESPN's new Ad. ESPN(The all sports channel in the US) is currently showing an advertisement that is completely done in Castellano, and there are few things better than hearing the voices of Spaniards to revive you. laugh laugh laugh

The commercial is a 30 second spot in which a Spanish family is watching a Real Madrid-Barca match. Needless to say, not everyone in the household supports the same club, but what does bring them together is the love of sport, which of course is the theme of the commercial.

It was more refeshing than seeing Aserejé perfomed, well almost :p . It was amazing to see the commercial, everything seemed authentic. I'm so glad they didn't dub it, there are subtitles for the non-Spanish speaking audience.

The only thing better would have been to use Real Valldolid as one of the two teams.

¡Aupa Pucela!
¡Viva España!

#67944 - 01/20/03 04:32 AM Re: New ESPN Advertisement!!!!
ChrisS Offline

Loc: EE.UU.
uuuuh??? Does that mean they are going to start showing more futbol games?? I hope so. I know that ESPN 2 used to show premiere league games on wednesdays but i dont know if they do. Do you know of anyway to see spanish league here.?

!VIVA ATLETI!

#67945 - 01/22/03 05:05 PM Re: New ESPN Advertisement!!!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Fox Sports World on Dish network/cable shows Spanish 1ª división during the day. They mix it up with English premier league, but they do show the Spanish clubs as part of their coverage.

And Shawn, ¿Real Valladolid? Be you. Be an original! Aaaahh, the days of Fórum with Sabonis on the court made me forget all about the awful "other" team (fútbol) and what seemed like their perennial trip to segunda.

#67946 - 01/22/03 08:24 PM Re: New ESPN Advertisement!!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If it's the same commercial I think I saw, there's a family (a family? Really? I recall a bunch of guys) watching soccer on TV but there was no dialogue. And I don't recall that it was Real Madrid playing. Hmmm.. I wonder if I can find that ESPN commercial on the 'net somewhere... hmmm...

Anyway, has anyone else seen the Mazda (?) commercial where they drive through the streets of Sevilla, over the .. ummm.. "artistic" bridge (what's that bridge called??) over the Guadalquivir, through Plaza de España, and through the mountains nearby (I'm assuming this is Andalucía but might be California for all I know).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67947 - 01/23/03 06:20 PM Re: New ESPN Advertisement!!!!
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Don't be shocked but this is the truth...Here in Canada they "Cut out" a lot of the American commercials. So for example if we watch CNN or ABC etc, during comercial breaks they will superimpose a canadian commercial. IF they don't have one they put "scenes" of the local zoo, the frozen river etc.

Oh the best is during Super Bowl, they cut out ALL the excellent commercials so if you want to see them during the game, you go to a bar that has a satellite dish.
So we live in a free country you say?? Can you say "Big Brother??"

#67948 - 01/23/03 07:53 PM Re: New ESPN Advertisement!!!!
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
MadridMan, perhaps there are two versions of the advert. The one I am referring to features a sofa full of 20 somethings pulling for their beloved Real Madrid, whilst a middle aged gentlemen is quite angered over the success that the traitor, Figo, and Madrid team are having against his beloved Barca club. I hope you get to see the entire advert, it is spot on for its representation of a Spanish family during a big match.

CaliBasco,

Last time I checked Bilbao had settled into 15th spot only 2 spots away from the Second Divison. Whereas, the valient warriors of Pucela have been moving up the tables. Pucela is currently in 9th, just a few points away from a UEFA invite. laugh laugh

¡Aupa Pucela!

¡Pucela, Puclea!

¡Aupa el Real Valladolid!
El escudo que llevas en tu pecho,
llévalo con orgullo y con honor

Saludos

#67949 - 02/02/03 01:43 AM Re: New ESPN Advertisement!!!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Has "La Liga" fallen that far, Shawn? wink
¡Aupa Athlétic! I noticed that Barça is having a tough go-round this "temporada" too...oh, well. Bilbao won't be descending...they always pull it out. (Please don't make me eat my words, San Mamés...please!)

I saw the ad the other day and I got goosebumps!! I really need to get to Spain...that commercial was killing me!! I remember last May in Palas do Rei, in Galicia, watching the Copa match with RM and Leverkusen...there's just something special about watching football in Spain!!

#67950 - 02/02/03 05:59 PM Re: New ESPN Advertisement!!!!
Roe Offline

Loc: california
¡Aupa Athletic! Bilbao just gave Real Sociedad their first "perdida". Athletic always seems to try hard enough to do okay. It looks like your words look safe for now CaliBasco.

#67951 - 02/02/03 08:29 PM Re: New ESPN Advertisement!!!!
Guapetona Offline

i've seen the ad several times during previews at the movie theatres. excellent ad but i think most don't have the foggiest idea what its about. that's ok..at least our secret won't get out! ja ja ja laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1877 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments