Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67836 - 12/08/02 11:47 AM Beloved Webcams of Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
There's a beautiful sunset happening RIGHT NOW on Spain's west coast. Here's one that I'm watching now, off Galicia's coast, Sanxenxo, @ http://www.crtvg.es/ingles/camweb/csanxenxo.html (refreshed every second). No sign of oil there, thank god.

Same with the other Galicia costal webcams from Fisterra (at the lighthouse on the cape) @ http://www.crtvg.es/ingles/camweb/cfisterra.html And Baiona Bay @ http://www.crtvg.es/ingles/camweb/cbaiona.html

These three, along with the other Galicia webcams, are very special to me because I have been watching them for years and then, just last Easter, got to see them all for myself, with my own eyes, and now these webcams really pull at my heart-strings. Such beauty. Such lively flora and fauna. Mountains, valleys, rivers, and ocean.

I also love the webcam view of Tui, Spain as seen from across the Minho river in Valenca, Portugal. I saw this same view for myself!!!! Wow.. I feel so fortunate... privileged.

All these cams and more, as well as SEVERAL in Santiago de Compostela, can be seen @ http://www.crtvg.es/ingles/camweb/primenucamarasflash.htm .

Tell us, what are YOUR favorite Spain webcams? We've had this thread in the past but it was closed/locked long ago. Most of us, like me, don't spend much time viewing webcams except on the weekends, and even at that it's only for a few minutes to see how things look from one season to the next.

So share with us your favorites if you have them.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67837 - 12/08/02 04:58 PM Re: Beloved Webcams of Spain
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Boas noites!
Thank you so much for those Galician links... My best friend is Galician and lives just across the way from Baiona in Nigran so being able to watch the ocean she sees every day makes me feel like I'm a little closer to her. Galicia and Cantabria are by far my most beloved spots in Spain and now I can watch one of them live in my free time laugh

I also love the view over Portugal. On my first full day in Spain almost exactly a year ago we drove up to the top of the mountain and walked through the Celtic ruins as her father (who is a history teacher in Vigo) explained the differences between each shape and size of them. We reached the top and looked at the amazing view of the river and portugal... then we went down to the bottom and took the ferry across and ate dinner in a Portuguese town on the border... Wow.

Thank you for bringing back all those wonderful memories!!!

Two weeks and I'll be on a bus from Madrid to Galicia!! I miss it so much!!

Melinda

#67838 - 12/11/02 10:20 AM Re: Beloved Webcams of Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Looks like another beautiful sunset shaping up - with some clouds - over Sanxenxo. Nice!! There's rain in Fisterra.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67839 - 12/12/02 05:10 AM Re: Beloved Webcams of Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Melinda328 writes:
Quote:
On my first full day in Spain almost exactly a year ago we drove up to the top of the mountain and walked through the Celtic ruins ... We reached the top and looked at the amazing view of the river and portugal... Wow.
You missed the music! The last time we visited Monte Santa Tecla there was a gaitero standing right across from where the tour buses park playing soulful tunes, the kind that can only come out of a gaita Gallega or the Uillean bagpipes.

#67840 - 12/12/02 05:30 AM Re: Beloved Webcams of Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

We too walked through/on the ruins of Monte Santa Tecla. I have a couple photos of them HERE & HERE .

We did see any minstrals but did almost hear angels when we nearly drove off the cliff-side bank upon attempting to park along the road.

Saludos, MadridMan

#67841 - 12/13/02 01:28 AM Re: Beloved Webcams of Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Those CRTVG webcams are the best! I was able to share my pilgrimage with family in the US from two of them. The Cebreiro cam was fifty feet from the cabina telefónica, so I called, told my family I was on, and then stood and waved like an idiot for ten minutes.

The other was outside the Hostal dos Reis Católicos (Praza do Obradoiro)...I remember explaining to three young women watching me wave at a building that I wasn't mentally ill. They told me that they went to the plaza there daily and didn't even know the camera was there. They thought it was pretty cool that I'd keep in touch "via satélite" with my wife. (My wife thought it was pretty cool, too...)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1605 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments