Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66783 - 08/20/01 04:19 PM Buying Spanish Posters
kevbogy Offline

Loc: Tampa, Fl
Any good links to buy Spanish posters as well as other Spanish products?

#66784 - 08/20/01 08:36 PM Re: Buying Spanish Posters
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
Posters can be obtained for free from Iberia Airlines. I haven't tried Spanair yet! You can buy some pretty nice ones at Teacher's Discover (I'll get the phone number...I don't know if they have a web site) and some other teacher type catalogs. They run $8.00 +/_.

As for Spanish products...if you mean foods and such, try tienda.com.

#66785 - 08/21/01 07:47 PM Re: Buying Spanish Posters
kevbogy Offline

Loc: Tampa, Fl
La Maestra,
No luck with the postes at Iberia...am I looking in the wrong place? I'd love to know more about the Teachers group...any luck with their phone number? Many thanks again!

#66786 - 08/21/01 07:52 PM Re: Buying Spanish Posters
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
La Maestra,
I have flown Iberia a number of times - and will again in October. How do you get posters from them?

Slightly related, I was in Sevilla in March of 2000 (Sevilla-philes can see many pics at jmb's clubphoto (look for the albums named 20000325MadridAndSevilla_Page*. I got a beautiful poster in the tourist office at their airport (for free). Does anybody know how to get this metric-sized poster framed? Is a custom frame my only choice?

Many thanks!

#66787 - 08/21/01 08:28 PM Re: Buying Spanish Posters
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

I wrote a letter to Iberia explaining that I was a Spanish teacher who wanted to bring a little slice of Spain into the classroom...and wouldn't they like to help? I got a wonderful letter from them explaining that they were all out of posters, but they would put me on their list. Some months later, when I had about given up hope, I received a large roll with several beautiful posters AND a couple of amazing photography books (cocktail table variety) of all the regions of Spain! It was WONDERFUL! When I lived in Chicago I also went in person to the Spanish Consulate and Iberian Airlines and walked away with some in hand. Most of these places are pretty nice about giving posters away...especially to schools. I haven't written to Spanair yet...I'll try that this year!

I've only been back in school for 2 days and I'm still trying to adjust! I THINK the phone number is 1-800-TEACHER. They can send you a catalog. It has a lot of posters one can purchase and some language learning things.

Another possibility is Spain 21, a publication with info on Spanish culture. The address is Spain 21, 215 E. Ridgewood Ave. Suite 201, Ridgewood, NJ 07450. They sometimes have poster sets for sale too.

There are a couple of other places...just as soon as I figure out who I am again, I'll send the names and addresses. They are school type catalogs with posters, movies, and sometimes realia.

la maestra(who is having a REALLY hard time playing teacher again!)

#66788 - 08/21/01 09:53 PM Re: Buying Spanish Posters
jaimemiguel Offline

Loc: columbus, ohio USA
Wow! What a great board! smile I posted 3 messages in 3 different threads and got responses in minutes!

Unfortunately, I am not a teacher, but I am an Iberia frequent flyer - it's worth a try.

I also have a close Spanish friend who has worked in the American embassy in Madrid for about 12 years. I think I'll put the pinch on her.

La Maestra,
I almost forgot. I am always on the lookout for good books featuring photographs of Spain. Do you know the titles of the books you have?
Thanks.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#66789 - 08/21/01 11:33 PM Re: Buying Spanish Posters
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

I'll check when I get to school tomorrow!

#66790 - 08/22/01 05:56 PM Re: Buying Spanish Posters
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
I asked to buy some posters in the official tourist office in Palencia (I had seen the woman hand a local man a nice size roll of them) and she happily gave me 6 different ones for the city and Castilla de Leon and said the were free.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments