Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#66050 - 11/26/00 03:03 AM Survey of Spain at www.economist.com
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
There is a comprehensive survey of Spain's political and economic situation in the 11/25/00-12/1/00 issue of 'The Economist'. I'm sure readers of this board will find it interesting. It can also be found at www.economist.com , although you have to be a registered member to access most of the articles.

(sorry. I had to take out the "," from the URL to make it clickable)

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 11-26-2000).]

#66051 - 11/26/00 10:26 AM Re: Survey of Spain at www.economist.com
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Kurt, are you telling us we have to register to at Economist.com before we can view this survey?? I went to the URL you posted above, but didn't see anything about Spain. Do we have to do a SEARCH or what? Maybe you could post the exact URL to that Spain Survey to help others find it easier. OR, are you certain one has to register before reading that article? What is included in this "survey"? What is it all about? Is it just some journalists assessment of the country?? It does seem that most of the articles there have a "Premium Content" notation next to them which means, I suppose, one must either pay or become a member to read them. Correct?? Hmmm... I'm not too sure I like this...

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#66052 - 11/26/00 12:46 PM Re: Survey of Spain at www.economist.com
Kurt Offline

The survey is entitled "A Country of Many Faces" and its accesible from the 'Economist" home page. Just scroll down a bit to find it. To "register" requires you providing your name and e-mail. They will ask you if you would like to recieve e-mails from Economist publications and sponsors, which one is free to decline. Registration allows one access to all "the premium" material, as well as the economist archives. I highly reccommend "The Economist" to anyone interested in International politics, business and culture. Theis a series of articles regarding Spain's political, economic and cultural situation, as well as future outlook. It has stories on the prospects of Analusia, Galicia, Catalan and Pais Vasco as well.

#66053 - 11/26/00 06:40 PM Re: Survey of Spain at www.economist.com
Kurt Offline

Oops-I misspoke. You have to have a subscription to The Economist or Economist.com to access preimium content, which includes most of the Survey of Spain. You can still plunk down $3.95 at your newsstand for the print version. I'd recommend it to people who would like a deeper look into Spain today.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1924 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments