Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84299 - 04/24/09 05:06 PM Pedro Almodovar on 'Verge' of TV series
Shannon McDonough Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
From www.hollywoodreporter.com:

"Oscar-winning Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodovar is venturing into television with a series adaptation of his first international hit, the Oscar-nominated 1988 feature "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown."

Fox TV Studios is developing the English-language hourlong project and has tapped Mimi Schmir to pen the pilot script. Almodovar and Schmir are exec producing."

As much as I love Almodovar and Women on the Verge, and as much as I would like to see this series succeed, I fear that it will be 'watered down' to make it more marketable to US audiences, and to make it past the FCC.

I guess time will tell.

What do y'all think?

#84302 - 04/26/09 09:55 AM Re: Pedro Almodovar on 'Verge' of TV series [Re: Shannon McDonough]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Originally Posted By Shannon McDonough
From www.hollywoodreporter.com:

... As much as I love Almodovar and Women on the Verge, and as much as I would like to see this series succeed, I fear that it will be 'watered down' to make it more marketable to US audiences, and to make it past the FCC. ...
I'm not familiar with Screen Writer Mimi Schmir or any of her work; but Fox TV is a big 'player' in the Cable TV Market. If anyone can get it across, Fox TV would be a good bet.

I think one of the Spanish language Channels (Univision, etc.) might have a better chance. They currently produce some pretty risqué shows. I love 'em!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1851 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments