Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70323 - 12/22/08 09:43 AM Spain, A Culinary Road Trip
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Spain, A Culinary Road Trip by Mario Batali (with Gwyneth Paltrow) is, quite simply, a wonderful book. I received it as a gift and immediately plunged in, seeking out those Spanish culinary delights that I've come to love during my annual treks. Much to my delight, I encountered numerous items that I normally wouldn't try. However, given the interesting descriptions, I've decided the next time I'm in Spain I'll be expanding my palate.

The book itself may seem like your typical coffee table tome. Don't be fooled. Sure, the book contains many photographs but they are handsomely integrated with the recipes and text. Batali and Paltrow put the food into cultural context, one of the things I appreciate most about this book. Furthermore, the photos show a bunch of people having a great time. The enthusiasm and love for the people and food of Spain literally leaps off the page. You'll meet ordinary people as well as famous chefs courtesy of this duo.

Of course, I'm an easy sell in this department. During my many trips to Spain, I've come to love the culture. Still, I've seen my share of travel, history, and cooking books. This one is among the best. In some ways it brings to life portions of H.V. Morton's A Stranger in Spain. If you are even remotely interested in the subject, don't hesitate to plunk down your cash. You will not be disappointed.

#83446 - 12/23/08 07:32 AM Re: Spain, A Culinary Road Trip [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sounds good! And the book sounds more interesting than the " Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain" television series.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2071 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments