Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#69635 - 03/28/06 08:03 PM "Volver" - anyone seen it yet?
misspom Offline

Loc: new york
I know it just got released in Spain - I'd love to hear reviews!

#69636 - 04/07/06 11:34 PM Re: "Volver" - anyone seen it yet?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
There is a rave review for Almodóvar's newest film in today's LaVanguardia newspaper from Barcelona. Here's the link:

www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060407/51243218000.html

#69637 - 04/08/06 03:14 PM Re: "Volver" - anyone seen it yet?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I saw it last week. Despite I being an Almodovar fan, I have to say that this film didn't get to my heart. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Definitely is a good film, but it has nothing (or I didn't catch) that shows the genius Almodovar is. Nothing that only Almodovar can do. Actors (actresses, to be true) are correct, but none of them do a super performance, in my opinion.

For those who are afraid of seeing Almodovar's films due to usual explicit sex scenes, this is the least 'hard' in this aspect. Actually only a scene has a bit of it, and it is a tiny tiny one. A, say, thirteen y.o. can see it without any problem. And I don't say a younger kid because probably wouldn't understand the story, not for explicit contents.

I would give it a 6.5/10.

#69638 - 04/20/06 07:22 AM Re: "Volver" - anyone seen it yet?
quique Offline

Loc: alcala de henares
A good movie with a disappointing beginning funny, sad, with powerful frames and, maybe, too "spanish" (there are a lot of local topics)for you. Actually is almost a remake of one of his earliest movies: ¿Qué he hecho yo para merecer esto?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1605 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments