Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#69671 - 04/13/06 06:12 AM Online TV: Seville Semana Santa processions
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This week, Semana Santa/Holy Week, is an important religeous time for Spain.

Via CanalSur Television Online, broadcast from Seville, one can watch (using RealPlayer) Semana Santa processions in Seville and throughout Andalucía, both live and recorded from the night before. I watch it every year and this year is no exception. I'm watching NOW - BOTH online AND on regular terrestrial TV (from Madrid).

You'll find the link to CanalSur TV (among others) on MadridMan\'s Spain Radio, TV, Music, & Movies page or direct @ http://www.canalsur.es/Informativos/EmisionesDirecto/atv.html . Tonight's the BIG night throughout Spain - it's "Jueves Santo". In Seville, the processions last ALL night long until dawn. Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69672 - 04/13/06 06:44 AM Re: Online TV: Seville Semana Santa processions
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Until long after dawn, MM! In Sevilla, the Virgen de la Macarena Procession doesn't get back to el Portal de la Macarena (i.e., the Arch in front of the Catedral) until around 11:00.

Thanx for putting up these links, though. It's a real time-saver and you are ¡lo Mejor!

#69673 - 04/14/06 05:43 AM Re: Online TV: Seville Semana Santa processions
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hopefully some of you are catching this. It's REALLY impressive! Those endless processions in Sevilla are so..... wow... incredible.

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69674 - 04/18/06 04:03 AM Re: Online TV: Seville Semana Santa processions
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Didn't you attend to the processions in Madrid?

#69675 - 04/18/06 05:44 AM Re: Online TV: Seville Semana Santa processions
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Eddie, when watching CanalSur TV early Friday morning - I had it on all day - I couldn't tell where the Sevilla Thursday night processions ended and the Friday processions began!!

In Madrid, I did watch the one going to the Almudena Cathedral in Madrid and watched several others on TV but probably spent more time watching those in Sevilla on TV though.

I hope to return to Sevilla someday to see them again, IN PERSON! Luckily, I have close friends in nearby town Alcalá de Guadaira where I can stay. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1945 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments