Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68782 - 09/15/04 04:57 AM Telefonica Vs. ONO Internet service
ScottyB Offline

Loc: New York
Heres my input.. Telfonica Sucks.
I'm here in spain..San Fernando Cadiz. On Oct 24th in signed up for broadband internet. They said 4-5 working days..LOL.. On Sept 7th a USB modem showed up by mail. Guess what it didnt work.. So i called, & called & called bye the time i spoke to someone who could speak english i waited another hour or soo... Let them know that it did not work. They said to mail it back "cost me 10 euros" & i would have to wait another 21 days to get a Eithernet modem.. Yeah right... So that day i went up to ONO company. The next day someone visted the house to see if i had the cables near my house.. & Yes The following day i had my internet with 1meg of service for the same price as Telefonica had offered a 256kbs service.. Telfonica what a joke they are..Always have been robbing the Spanish folks.. those those never mind..

#68783 - 09/15/04 08:52 AM Re: Telefonica Vs. ONO Internet service
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
The problem is that Telefonica has a market share of more than 80%, so they don't care if they loose a client.

Fortunately this is changing and there are good companies which offer better services and products. You did the right thing by changing to Ono, it is a very good company with a promising future (the only spanish cable company which earns money).

Don't forget other companies like Wanadoo, Ya.com, Jazztel, Tiscali and Arsys. Some may dissapear in the near future or get absorbed, but the remaining ones will be in a good position.

Fernando

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1811 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments