Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68495 - 03/07/04 01:28 PM Sopranos/HBO in Madrid?
jenk19 Offline

Ok so I´m a Soprano´s freak and the new season starts tonight in the US- I´ve got to find out if it´s possible to see the new season herein Madrid. Does anyone know if you can get American HBO here? Is it really expensive if you can? I´m a student here and i´ll be here till June and hate to spend a ton of money for it. Does anyone out there have it already? Thanks.

#68496 - 03/07/04 03:14 PM Re: Sopranos/HBO in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
While I'm not sure I don't think they have HBO anywhere in Spain. MAYBE by satelite but I've never heard of it there.

Maybe you'll have to have someone back home record it for you and send it to you a month at a time. Then, if it's recorded outside of Europe, your only effort will be to find a video machine (VCR) that'll play your tape.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68497 - 03/07/04 04:14 PM Re: Sopranos/HBO in Madrid?
Madrid Insider Offline

Loc: Madrid
HBO is not available as a stand alone movie channel here in Spain, but you can get many different HBO shows in Spain through a combination of different resources. Canal Satelite shows a few HBO Series including Sex and the City and the Sopranos and OZ every so often. Also, Canal Satelite with the Holland key Codes allows you to see them more often as well as in English. I am not sure about Via Digital, but I'm pretty sure it is the same. Next, Sky Digital from the UK shows them as well but a sky system is very expensive and complicated to arrange...
Anyway, to bottom line this deal. I agree in a sense with Madrid Man. The best thing to do is get someone from the US to put them on to CDs for you and then ship them to you every 6 episodes or so. You can watch the CDs they send you on your computer or local DVD player by cracking the region code blocker on your local DVD player so you can watch Region 1 DVDs here in Spain.
www.spainstorage.com
Short & long term storage for your stuff in the center of Spain with optional pick up & delivery services.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2719 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments