Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68109 - 05/18/03 06:13 PM Sarita Montiel - DVD's or VHS That Can Be Viewed in USA?
OhMike Offline

Loc: New Jersey
When I was in Madrid last month, I saw Sara Montiel on TV. It surprised me that she is still alive, since she was one of my mother's favorites when I was growing up. (No disrespect intended to Miss Montiel: I understand now that she is very much alive and wish her many more years of salúd.)

In any case, that got me to wondering if it is possible to get some of her old movies, like "El Ultimo Cuplé" or "La Violetéra" in a video format that can be viewed here in the US.

I looked on the Internet, but all I could find were videos that clearly stated were suitable for European VCR's only.

Any Sarita fans out there? Anybody remember her movies? Anyone know how to get videos or DVD's for US viewers? -OhMike

#68110 - 05/18/03 10:16 PM Re: Sarita Montiel - DVD's or VHS That Can Be Viewed in USA?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola OhMike,
I am a Sarita Montiel fan! Yes, La Violetera was in my heart her best movie. She must be in her early seventies and very well preserved! laugh She has good genes. She must have been in her early 20's when she did La violetera, so you can do the math! rolleyes
Regardless, she was a fine actress and very well respected in Spain as well as the Americas. I now see her films in Saturday afternoons in Telemundo every once in awhile, but I have not seen them on sale in DVD's. Have you tried e-Bay? I buy a lot of my films from there.

Good luck on your search! smile

#68111 - 05/19/03 02:54 AM Re: Sarita Montiel - DVD's or VHS That Can Be Viewed in USA?
Miguelito Offline

Did you know that Sarita made an advertisment for the MTV last year?
She was saying 'Marvelous' all the time, very funny and well done

#68112 - 05/19/03 06:13 AM Re: Sarita Montiel - DVD's or VHS That Can Be Viewed in USA?
OhMike Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Booklady, I haven't found anything suitable for US VCR's or DVD's. I'll keep looking. Maybe when I'm in Spain this weekend I'll see some on TV.

Miguelito, I didn't catch the MTV spot, but I wonder if those who did knew who she is? -OhMike

#68113 - 05/26/03 02:49 PM Re: Sarita Montiel - DVD's or VHS That Can Be Viewed in USA?
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
Hi Ohmike, you will definitely find at least two fo her videos in Spain. I was reading the wonderfully trashy "diez minutos" revista in April. There was an advert offering two of her videos. I think her current husband (muy joven!!) is Cuban(?) who always seems to be wandering off then coming back to her.Sorry I don't remembe4r the video titles.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1587 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments