Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68138 - 05/20/03 08:38 AM Madrid: Laptop-friendly cybercafes and internet shops?
el viajero Offline

I already know about the CyberFutura on the Calle Montera, but for some reason they've been closed all day today. Does anyone know of other (relatively safe) internet access points where you can plug in your own laptop? I've got a bunch of work to upload to a server back in the States, and noplace from which to upload. frown

#68139 - 05/21/03 11:45 AM Re: Madrid: Laptop-friendly cybercafes and internet shops?
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
Try the following:

EasyEverything on Montera street near the Puerta del Sol.

Ono located at number 59 on Gran Vía.

CyberMad located near Atocha.

Hope this helps.

#68140 - 05/21/03 02:37 PM Re: Madrid: Laptop-friendly cybercafes and internet shops?
el viajero Offline

Thanks, Cornelio! I don't fancy taking my laptop into EasyInternet, but I'll look into the others you mentioned.

#68141 - 05/21/03 04:20 PM Re: Madrid: Laptop-friendly cybercafes and internet shops?
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
I just found this website that lists broadband internet access sites outside of the US.

http://www2.att.ne.jp/cgi-bin/gr/bb_aplist.cgi?cc=other&lang=en

When you look at the list, Spain comes right after Denmark and the list does NOT seem to be in alphabetical order. Anyway, if your laptop has wireless access, they list a few hotels that have wireless internet access like Hotel Montecarlo, Hotel Fira, etc, though no details are given if you have to be a guest to use the wireless service.

Hope this helps.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1913 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments