Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67975 - 03/03/03 10:09 AM Listen to flamenco radio
PacoM Offline

Hi, For those of you who want to listen to flamenco old and new 24/7, you can do it by copying the url www.emisiondigital.com/net/flamenco.asx
and inserting it into the address bar of your browser or by going to the website
www.emisiondigital.com and selecting the program flamenco.

If you have a request "una petición" you can email it to djnatja@emisiondigital.com

Enjoy!

#67976 - 03/03/03 12:28 PM Re: Listen to flamenco radio
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Where were you over the weekend? hehehe.. Thanks for the tip, PacoM! I've seen these kinds of services which allow such things but before long they require a subscription for access. Of course, AFTER they get your hooked. Okay.. enough of the negative. Let's enjoy it NOW!! Tonight, I'll add it to the radio links of MadridMan\'s Radio, TV, Music, & Movies page.

Thanks again! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67977 - 03/03/03 01:52 PM Re: Listen to flamenco radio
PacoM Offline

I hope this station doesn't become a pay-per-listen type of program. I myself have been a listener for about three months or so. After seeing a posting of the website on a flamenco listserv I decided to give it a listen.. and wasn't disappointed. Now I can listen to it at work(with headphones and at home(when wife is not there, she dislikes the genre) Paz y bien, PacoM

#67978 - 03/03/03 10:48 PM Re: Listen to flamenco radio
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

PacoM and Al, wink I've added BOTH the low-speed AND the HI-speed connections to the flamenco music AS WELL AS the low & HIGH-speed Spanish pop station.

This radio set-up looks EXACTLY like what Terra.es did a year or two ago. After awhile of free listening they would not play anymore unless you registered. Let's hope this isn't the same.

And also FYI, IT SEEMS to me that these stations are NOT live radio but are pre-recorded "loops" or "packets" of music, possibly looping back to the beginning after an hour or two. I just hope they're changed everyday.

GREAT music, though. I REALLY REALLY like it. It's great to have these things, JUST MUSIC, available to us on the internet. Sometimes I get emails asking me to recommend a station that plays more music than the others and it's tough because MOST of them have more TALK than music. NOW we/they have an alternative.

Thanks again for the tip, PacoM! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67979 - 03/04/03 05:40 AM Re: Listen to flamenco radio
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

this is a great station
im glad you put MM
THANX TO MM AND PACO M
this is the best radio station in my opinion
followed by telemadrid seguido por(followed by)radio galega(escoita e veras :p laugh )

#67980 - 03/04/03 08:55 AM Re: Listen to flamenco radio
PacoM Offline

Glad you both like the station. It does appear that the music is looped after a certain amount of time, but changed enough so that you can hear other songs. By the way how's the guitar playing going MM? There is a website called www.flamenco-teacher.com

Paz y bien, PacoM

#67981 - 03/04/03 09:30 PM Re: Listen to flamenco radio
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

PacoM, I've been listening to the Flamenco station (the Broadband connection) for the last 3 hours! In fact, I'm RECORDING it as I listen, then will burn it to CD, and take it to work for my listening pleasure tomorrow.

Regarding MY guitar playing... it has YET to happen. I STILL have the broken strings. The last month has been difficult for me and my family (yeah.. one of THOSE things happened... Ugh... frown ) and also I've been focusing my energies on other stuff for MadridMan.com.

Now back to the Flamenco radio! LOVE IT!!!!!!!! NOTHING BUT FLAMENCO!! I expect to see another flamenco show while in Madrid next month. Wow.... NEXT MONTH!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

#67982 - 03/09/03 11:58 AM Re: Listen to flamenco radio
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

PacoM (& Al wink ), I've been listening to A LOT of flamenco on this "station" this weekend - for hours and hours in total. I can "hear" this today the "broadcast" is exactly the same as yesterday with the same songs and the same "imperfections" in one or two spots. Maybe this is their weekend loop. Hope they change it Monday. But I still love it! I'm estimating this is a 2 or 3-hour loop. In fact, last night at around... oh... 11pm or so there was a long break and I think the "D.J." had said "This is the end of our transmission on Emisión Digital...." and then it went silent for about 60 seconds. Then, it started back up where I had heard it start when I FIRST started the player earlier in the day.

Regardless of all this blather above I love it. Yesterday I recorded 70 minutes of it and burned it to CD to take to work to listen there. And get this, everyone! I just learned that you CANNOT listen to CD-RW CDs on home or car CD players!!!! eek You can listen to CD-Rs (Read) on anything but not the CD-RW (Read-Write) CDs. Before yesterday's trip to the local computer store I only bought CD-Rs but got the CD-RWs (spindle of 25 for $20) to write-over from time to time with new flamenco music for the day's listening at work.

Again, thanks for the tip! Saludos, MadridMan

#67983 - 03/12/03 09:07 AM Re: Listen to flamenco radio
PacoM Offline

Madrid Man,

Sorry for taking so long to respond.
I hear the same "imperfections" too in Emision Digital's broadcasting, everytime One of Camaron de la Isla's Bulerias (en directo) is played, you here another recording mixed in with it.

Any favorites that you hear on the flamenco program? I Diego 'el Cigal's' "Monarcos y Republicanos" is a nice piece, so is Enrique Morentes's "Manhattan"

Well, talk to you later. PacoM

#67984 - 03/12/03 12:56 PM Re: Listen to flamenco radio
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Quote:
I hear the same "imperfections" too in Emision Digital's broadcasting, everytime One of Camaron de la Isla's Bulerias (en directo) is played, you here another recording mixed in with it.
Yeah. I've noticed that identical "glitch" about 4 days in a row now so maybe it's the same old loop over and over again. Hmmmm.. Shame. Well, maybe they'll change it weekly? The Spanish pop station isn't bad either but I prefer the flamenco. smile

I'll listen again and try to pick out the names of songs and singer but you know how it is, the same as while listening to the normal radio - you listen and like a song but never pay attention to the announcer/DJ when they tell the name of that song or singer.

The only song that really caught my attention, although it's not a particularly GOOD song or a good female singer, is called, I think, "En Madrid". It goes, "En Madrid. En Madrid. En el barrio de Malasaña pa' cuatro cañas me canto asi" or something like that.

I like the simple fact that the individual songs last LONG! Some of them go on for 10 minutes, nonstop. Just love it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2520 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments