Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67911 - 01/15/03 01:16 PM Worldspace radios?
Hip Priest Offline

Loc: Dublin
Does any use this radio in Spain and what (english language) stations do you get? How about BBC or RTE?

#67912 - 01/15/03 09:34 PM Re: Worldspace radios?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Hip Priest!

Please tell us. Just what is a Worldspace radio? Is it a shortwave radio or maybe a satellite radio?

AHA! I just found it @ http://www.worldspace.com . They say:
Quote:
WorldSpace broadcasts satellite audio and multimedia content to Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Founded in 1990, WorldSpace conceived of and built the first ever satellite radio infrastructure in the world. Today, the WorldSpace satellite network consists of two geostationary satellites: AfriStar™ and AsiaStar™. Each satellite broadcasts three beams capable of delivering more than 40 crystal clear audio and multimedia channels directly to portable receivers and personal computer adapters.
WOW! How cool is that?!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67913 - 01/16/03 02:46 PM Re: Worldspace radios?
Hip Priest Offline

Loc: Dublin
Hi Madridman, I have read about "worldspace" radio in the UK media. It seems to be a network of digitally broadcast (via satellite) stations. At the moment the no. of stations available seems limited so i am keen to know what ones anyone can get in Spain. Apparently Hitachi have a good model available for about €220 which is a lot to pay for a radio so I am keen to know what benefits it has for Spanish residents. Each radio has a miniature satellite dish, which must be pointing in the right direction straight at the sky to get the signal. I know I won't get RTE signal all day but they do carry a channel called WRN which has a couple of hours each from different stations: Irish, Polish , Canadian, Swedish etc.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2280 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments