Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67018 - 12/19/01 11:10 AM Sky Magazine Madrid Article
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
For those of you who are traveling home for the holidays on Delta Airlines, enjoy the article on Madrid in the Sky in-flight magazine. As usual there are the obligatory mentions of Hemingway (since he was apparently the only really famous person to visit Spain, ever.).

To be honest with you, I fully expected to find a reference to MadridMan.com in the article...alas, my hopes were dashed!

Here's the online link: http://www.delta-sky.com/editorial/features/destination/dest.htm

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#67019 - 12/19/01 04:57 PM Re: Sky Magazine Madrid Article
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That's a WILD coincidence!! Thanks for posting the info and link, CaliBasco! It's a coincidence because:

1) I'm flying to Madrid on Friday ON Delta and can check out the article in SKY, their in-flight magazine, then.
2) A friend recently flew on Delta and found this article, cut it out, and sent it to me - it arrived yesterday. What a great and nice surprise.

And you know, call me egocentric, but would it have hurt to mention MadridMan.com!!?? hahahahaa... wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67020 - 12/20/01 03:56 PM Re: Sky Magazine Madrid Article
Tracy Moral Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
BOth of you are hilarious!

#67021 - 12/23/01 01:39 PM Re: Sky Magazine Madrid Article
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Calibasco writes:
Quote:

... As usual there are the obligatory mentions of Hemingway (since he was apparently the only really famous person to visit Spain, ever.)...

How about Apostol Santiago or Georges Bizet or Verdi or Christopher Columbus or Napoleon or Pope John Paul II or all the other people who have trodden the Camino de Santiago - do they count? Maybe 'Papa' Hemingway was the only famous person to visit Casa Botín, but Hemingway is (was) a 20th Century author who's works have not yet endured the test of history. For me, he is a contemporary author, not as you say, a "the only really famous person." Taking an historical perspective, I think you may find many famous / infamous people, Spanish and non-Spanish, who have lived in Spain and written or painted or sculpted or built the magnificant Cathedrals and whose works have survived the test of time: hundreds of years.
eek
I hope your remark was made 'tongue in cheek,' even the part about MadridMan. rolleyes

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: Eddie ]

#67022 - 12/23/01 09:51 PM Re: Sky Magazine Madrid Article
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I think it is safe to say that was "tongue in cheek." I would even wager that senor Basco was making a point. :p

#67023 - 12/31/01 07:25 PM Re: Sky Magazine Madrid Article
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
MadridMan,

NO WAY, what a small world this is. If my assumption is correct, MM, you flew from JFK to Madrid on the 21st? We were on the same plane! Ha, what a small world. We connected from San Francisco, and were on the afternoon flight out of JFK to Barajas.

... ... ...

Oh, decent article in SKY. I usually see the airline's magazines as slightly glossed attempt to "advertise." This article on Madrid wasn't all that bad.

... ... ...

A little shameless plug: I'm an airline cynic, and think there is not much difference between United, American, and others. In this difficult environment I'm happy to report Delta delivered efficient and friendly service in both the US and Spain, and all four of my flights were on-time with a cabin crew making an effort to serve us.

I recently had good service on American to Hawaii - I hope this new "friendly-culture" the passangers are displaying to the cabin crews will continue to translate into better more hospitible air-service...just a hypotheses on the better service, post 9/11.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2730 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments