Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60619 - 07/26/01 07:15 AM Hola desde Santiago de Compostela!!!!
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hello to all!
Itīs my last day in Santiago before heading out to Bilbao and let me tell you, itīs been great so far! Iīve spent two and a half days here during the fiestas de Santiago and they were amazing! There was always something at every corner, bands playing, bagpipes going, concerts happening, I had goosebumps from the excitement of it all! eek And the Queimada de Fachada at Praza do Obradoiro was mesmerizing!(Itīs was a fireworks display at the Cathedral of Santiago) Mind you, I almost lost circulation from the, literally, millions of people there... at least thatīs what it felt like!!! eek
Anyway, thought Iīd let you in on my solo trip - itīs been nice and relaxing so far, and I havenīt felt unsafe at all, even at night!

Canīt wait to see the Guggenheim in Bilbao!
Hasta la proxima!

SusiLaGallega

#60620 - 07/26/01 08:26 PM Re: Hola desde Santiago de Compostela!!!!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Susi- You're killing me!!! Please make note of the restaurants you ate at in Compostela as well as any lodging. If I can't get into the Reyes Catolicos next April I'd like an insider recommendation for a great place to hang my boina after riding the camino francés. Did you eat at Casa Manolo?

Enjoy el Guggen and el pupi. You'll know what I mean in a few days on that last one.

#60621 - 07/27/01 12:38 PM Re: Hola desde Santiago de Compostela!!!!
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A cloudy yet exciting day in Bilbao today! I am sitting at an internet place practically at the foot of the Guggenheim! I wasnīt too impressed with the art inside, but when you get your first glimpse of the Guggy and el pupi ( the flower dog right outside), it makes your jaw drop! What a piece of work!
I have met someone here and he has been my tour guide for the day, pretty nice guy from Bilbao. I think I became used to wandering around on my own, so tomorrow, I will dedicate the day to Bilbao and ME!!!
By the way, Calibasco, I didnīt eat at Casa Manolo, even though I wanted to... I stayed at Hostal La Estela, LITERALLY right off of Praza do Obradoiro, and it was simple and the perfect spot for a pilgrim to crash! When I got to the hostal, my room wasnīt ready yet, so I sat at the Praza watching as the pilgrims walked into it. Four fellows prounced right in, each took out a bottle of champagne, and proceeding to shower each other in honour of their arrival... By the time I realized what was happening, it was too late to take out my camera, but it was SOOOO cool to watch! It would have been such a nice picture!!!!
Until next time, probably from Barcelona. ( I will post details upon my sad arrival back to Canada frown )

SusiLaGallega

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2207 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments