Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#59872 - 03/27/01 09:57 AM 10 days left!
Moni215 Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
I have ten days left before I leave for Madrid and the count down has already begun!!! I am so excited about my trip, I can't wait. I'll try my best to keep everyone infomed about my travels and the places I will be visiting while I am there. Thanks to this awesome message board, I have reservations to stay at Hostal Lopez. I am still trying to find tickets to the REal Madrid games, and if possible hook up with some MadridMan members while I am there. I will keep you guys updated.

#59873 - 03/27/01 12:48 PM Re: 10 days left!
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'll be in town for easter ,if you feel like meeting a site member let me know and we can go out sometime.

#59874 - 03/27/01 02:32 PM Re: 10 days left!
Moni215 Offline

Nativo,
I will be staying at Hostel Lopez fro, the 7th of April till the 15th. I will probably arrive there around 4:00 in the afternoon. It would be nice if we could all do something. Let me know.

#59875 - 04/02/01 06:54 AM Re: 10 days left!
Sponge Cake Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
I'm in Madrid from the 8th-14th too, with 3 friends.
We also wanted to go and see Real Madrid but they're not playing while we're there, so we're now hoping to see Rayo Vallecono v Valencia on the 8th (biggest game in Madrid that weekend!)

#59876 - 04/02/01 11:57 AM Re: 10 days left!
Moni215 Offline

Sponge Cake, where is this game being played and how can one get tickets? If possible we would like to go to the game. My friend Tracey and I will be there from the 7th to the 15th and we are looking for some exciting things to do. We will probably do a bull fight since she has never been to one, but I don't care for them too much, and whatever else comes to mind. Anyway, please let me know about the tickets to the game, maybe we can all hook up or something while we are there.

#59877 - 04/04/01 06:13 AM Re: 10 days left!
Sponge Cake Offline

Hi Moni215,

Sorry for the late reply!

The Rayo Vallecano v Valencia match is to be played on Sunday 8th April (the day we arrive) but I'm not sure of the kick off time as yet - I shall try to find out.
Both teams are doing quite well by the look of things too!
Elsewhere in the madridman messageboard -
http://www.madridman.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000277

someone told me that tickets shouldn't be too hard to come by because Vallecano aren't very well supported and because their ground is (apparently) in quite a run down area of Madrid (called Vallecas).

info on Vallecano's ground & ticket info:- http://www.onefootball.com/index.phtml?page=clubguide&country_id=45&team_id=575

take a look at the "tickets" section.

We are DEFINITELY going to try and get some tickets - probably on the day itself.

Does anyone know how we get to the ground using the subway system???

Regarding meeting up, sounds a great idea (e-mail me at timhorwood@hotmail.com and we'll arrange something - we're 4 people from the UK, 2 male, 2 female, all in the mid-20s - just for your piece of mind!) - it sounds like a lot of travellers are going to Madrid for Easter week - maybe we shoudl arrange a Madridman night out too (around the tabernas, etc!) - what does anyone think?!

#59878 - 04/04/01 06:19 AM Re: 10 days left!
Sponge Cake Offline

yikes, the match kicks off at 1600 (I think!) - we don't arrive until about 1205 - we're going to be pushing it a bit but hopefully it's not too far away from Hostal Chelo!!

#59879 - 04/04/01 11:59 AM Re: 10 days left!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Teresa Rivero stadium is at "Portazgo" subway station on line #1 (you can go directly from Gran Via to there). I guess it'll take you about 35-40 minutes to get there.

#59880 - 04/05/01 05:42 PM Re: 10 days left!
Sponge Cake Offline

thanks Antonio! as helpful as usual...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2707 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments