Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89741 - 06/01/11 03:48 PM Bikini ban in Barcelona
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
on the spot fines of 120 to 300 euros for wearing a bikini or swimming trunks,spoil sports and i thought i looked good in my bikini

oops nearly forgot the link

http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3361279

#89742 - 06/02/11 04:26 AM Re: Bikini ban in Barcelona [Re: billy the man]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
In addition to "The Bikini Ban", the same article also mentions a new ban. This one is the most ridiculous and I'm hoping the reporter fouled up the details. Get this one:
Quote:
The new measure follows another recent ban on the city's streets; it is now forbidden to drink from bottles or cans on the streets of the Catalan capital.
It doesn't say it bans bottles/cans of alcohol, just bottles and cans on the street! Forget about walking down Las Ramblas holding a can of Coca-Cola, I guess. rolleyes

Talking about going from loose, fun and free to uptight! Man! Way to take-away Barcelona's FUN image!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89746 - 06/03/11 02:32 PM Re: Bikini ban in Barcelona [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
I read about this a couple of days ago and at first didn't know what to think. It feels like the city is going backwards not forward. I haven't been to Barcelona in about 4 years so maybe locals feel something is getting out of hand.

On the other hand; vacationing yahoo's getting liquored-up and exhibiting boorish behavior in your neighborhood can become a total nuisance. I guess I can understand where this is coming from.

Damn I'm gettin' old

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments