Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#62966 - 10/26/02 04:54 PM Poor Aznar
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Aznar I must has had alot of pressure lately first Morrocos claim of Perejil then Batasunas then Basque call for shared sovernty and then a catalans call for soverntity not to mention Gibraltars probable refusement of shared sovernty with Spain will this poorman ever get a break??

#62967 - 10/27/02 02:58 PM Re: Poor Aznar
El Cid d'España Offline

I doubt Aznar would ever get a break. He'll most likely die of a Heart Attack or from an assassin's bullet. rolleyes

#62968 - 10/27/02 07:55 PM Re: Poor Aznar
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
You might want to add the problems with the Iranians over discussing tourism. The Iranians don't want women involved in any discussions, and those that would have attended the official and unofficial get-togethers would have to wear something to cover their heads.

One more "nicety" from the Islamic world, where women are treated like garbage. Why in hell would anyone even discuss tourism with people who treat half their population like they were nothing more than cattle, or goats? Beats me. I'd tell them to stick their tourism thoughts where the sun don't shine.

Wolf (Just my opinion, and sentiments of my wife - eek )

#62969 - 10/27/02 10:32 PM Re: Poor Aznar
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
You go Wolf! cool

#62970 - 10/28/02 12:50 AM Re: Poor Aznar
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I for one think that Wolf is qualified to comment here since, living in Wisconsin for much of the year, he is familiar with societies that treat half of their population like cattle...since they are! :p

#62971 - 10/28/02 11:20 AM Re: Poor Aznar
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Wolf - thanks for defending us 50% of the population - and so eruditely (is that a word?).
Cali - LOL

#62972 - 11/04/02 10:21 AM Re: Poor Aznar
Zzeus11 Offline

In Wisconsin a cow has more rights and is treated with more respect as a productive member of society than any woman in Iran, Irak, or in similiar muslim state.
Even Wisconsin Cheeseheads treat their women with care, compassion and love, relatively speaking!

#62973 - 11/06/02 03:36 PM Re: Poor Aznar
Vega Offline

Ah yes, us cheesheads certainly do have plently of manners and respect for females. smile And we make sure our cattle are well bread, to produce the best cheese and milk possible. America is counting on us! Anyway, thanks for that compliment you all!

Quintos, I agree. Aznar needs a break! Heck, Spain as a whole needs a break! Hopefully, things will start to cool down a little with the vascos. They always there, though.

#62974 - 11/06/02 04:29 PM Re: Poor Aznar
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Thank you Puna. It had to be said. If the word don't exist we'll put it in the dictionary right now. It has a quality about it - smile

Cali - We also have the Packers. I don't want to depress you but the Vikings really stink. They're a 3 point underdog to the Sisters of the Immaculate Conception in St. Olaf this weekend - laugh It would be worse except Mother Superior Domenica who is 87 can't play. Seems she has the gout and she does their kicking.

I wish Aznar and company had the guts to tell the Iranians that they don't dictate how Spaniards live and play host on their own soil. It's absurd to kiss their sorry a.... No matter what anyone thinks, Iran needs Spain and the rest of EU a hell of a lot more than EU needs them. It's almost shameful to bow down to their wishes. Every time we do, they use it as another sign as to "how weak we really" are in their propaganda.

Vega - Where from in Wisconsin?

Wolf

#62975 - 11/07/02 02:39 AM Re: Poor Aznar
Miguelito Offline

Sorry Wolf, I don't agree with you, I congratulate that the protocolo has found a formula to do the meeting. I'm sure the problem is not of the iranian president Jatami who is trying to make the changes that the iranians want, but the integrist religious power that controls them very closely and don't let them to move free. I think we should know each culture more deeply and avoid stereotype, for example many people think wrongly that iranians are arabs, they're not, they're a nation with a great potential because of the youth of their population and the educational level; and in the university the number of women is higher than the number of men, and as far as I know women is well integrated in the working life. They suffer particularly more the need of freedom as the religious puritanism and hipocresy affects them more, but when in home, almost of them live as a normal family. I'm not going to say that women are treated like the same in almost of the islamic countries, but I think this is something more related with development and education than with religion, or just have a look to non islamic countries, machism is really present in all Latin America, and I saw in an advertisement in news (although I don't believe such a high rate) that bad treats to women in UK was of 25%, 1 of each 4 suffers them...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2370 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments